2 - Syn0nyms - 2

Yellow sat outside, waiting for somebody to help him. Perhaps it was foolish to wait for some Knight in Shining Armor, but what else was there to do? The Gang had quickly gotten bored with nowhere to go.

Maybe it was stupid of him to touch the block. But then again, thinking back, there were no signs of danger, besides it floating. That was relatively normal, the Command Block contained powers unknown to Yellow, so he would expect that.

As he was outside thinking, he didn't notice Blue sitting next to him, until he spoke.

"You alright, man?" The stick asked. Yellow shook his head, sighed. "No, I'm not. We're used to being stuck places, sure, but this is just... weird. It doesn't make sense, Blue." Yellow put his head in his hands, Blue gave him a comforting pat on the shoulder. "None of us care. We've been through hell, and we came back. We'll be alright, man." Blue grinned, trying to reassure his friend. Yellow hesitated, then nodded. He stood up.

"Okay. Alright. It'll be fine." He said, trying to reassure himself. He took several deep breaths, repeating one of his favorite calming phrases; 'there is no synonym for cinnamon, there is no..' and would repeat it. Blue looked at him. "I'm sure there's a synonym for cinnamon." Blue challenged. Yellow paused his rhythm for a moment, looking back at Blue, a trace of confusion on his face.

"Maybe, not that you'll ever find it." Yellow responded, going back to his calming rhythm. As he continued, Blue tried to think of synonyms, but couldn't. "I'll find some eventually!" Blue said happily, determinedly. What a child. Yellow looked at him, clearly annoyed, then took a breath, again.

"I'm sure you will."

Inside, the rest of the gang was preparing a meal. They were so accustomed to being in issues, that they didn't even mind. It was concerning. Yellow poured himself a bucket of water and got himself some steak, as the others did the same. He raised his glass. "Cheers to yet another annoying issue." Yellow said, pushing up his glasses. The Color Gang was certainly happy to lift their buckets to that. Red's wolf barked, wanting some meat herself. No worries for her, she would be receiving the leftovers of the steak, and there would be leftovers.

After dinner, Green took the duty of cleaning the table, Red fed the animals, Blue washed the dishes, The Second Coming and Yellow finished their base. Yellow was taken aback by how calm and tranquil the others were. Of course, he knew why. They expected one of them to wander off, the others to follow, get in all sorts of trouble and miraculously find their way out. Happily Ever After.

A wonderful dream, but that was not always the case. So Yellow was kept thinking; would there be a happy ending here? Would something really just spontaneously happen and it's over? It seemed unrealistic to Yellow.

He had a feeling, an ever-so present feeling, that if they were to achieve a happy ending, if at all, it would come at a cost.