8 - Cl0ud Spelunking - 8

Scuba Diving.

In the sky.

The name stuck, for some reason.

Yellow had convinced Green to let him and Blue use his elytra and spare, despite the fact Yellow had been so rude the night before.

He suited himself and Blue, who struggled with it, and he stepped back. "We're doing this together, I guess." Yellow said, he would have preferred to go alone. Blue grinned, his classic, stupid grin. "Did you really think I'd let you go saving the world on your own?" He asked, rhetorically, of course. So Yellow didn't respond as he got a running start and used the firework to propel himself into the sky. They both were prepped with a stack of fireworks and a Totem of Undying if they needed it, as well as a stack of food and a bottle of water each.

The wind whistled in his ears as he propelled upwards, he could hear the rocket Blue used to propel himself as well, the other quickly catching up until they were side by side.

It took ten more fireworks until they found the ceiling.

They were both exhausted of flying.

When Yellow noticed the ceiling, he yelled, "Blue! Look!" It was hard to hear over the roar of the fake wind. Blue and him quickly went faster, and landed atop something the color of the void. Perhaps it was a ledge? In front of them lay... what was it? It glitched.

The Command Block.

They had stayed up there for a while, Yellow tinkering with the Command Block. It had brought them here, he assumed it was the way back. Blue had been exploring with a lantern around the ledge, to no avail. Besides one thing. A stick.

The thing wrong with the stick was that it kept glitching into different types of wood. From oak to dark to birch to even nether types, it was fascinating. "Anything else up here?" Yellow asked after pocketing the stick. Blue shook his head. "Then let's get going."

When the two finally landed, Yellow stumbled and scraped his elbow, while Blue fell on his face. They both lost hearts. Yellow wondered how Green had perfected the landings, as Yellow always landed too hard or too soft, either stumbling backward or forwards. Perhaps he would ask later.

Yellow pulled out the stick and the Command Block, which he decided not to use to fly back. He didn't fully trust it now after the incident.

Green, Red and The Second Coming greeted them as they returned, they must've made dinner. "You guys were gone for a couple of hours, we started dinner." Red said, holding a Siamese cat in his arms. Yellow and Blue walked inside with the rest of the Color Gang to eat.

The Second Coming's gaze lingered to the Command Block. "Was flying a success?" He asked. Yellow was about to respond, when Blue interrupted with— "Hell, yeah! We found the Command thingy!" He said, bouncing in his seat. Yellow rolled his eyes and nodded. "Blue found a weird stick that kept glitching into different kinds of woods." He pulled it out. They were all confused, so Green grabbed the stick, inspected it, then started tapping it to the table like a drum.

"I don't think that's how that works, Green." Yellow huffed and rested his head in his hands. They felt close to the end, but also so far.

He didn't know.

———————

Hello, lovelies!

I wrote this chapter a bit faster thankfully, tried to get it out as quick as possible. I'll probably end this series at chapter 10, which is 2 chapters from now. Feel free to suggest any book ideas! ^^

Thanks for reading, have a wonderful day!