7 - Milk and C00kies - 7

Maybe he was a bit rude, storming off so dramatically.

You most likely think that, reader. He was being dramatic, wasn't he? No, not to him. Yellow had... a problem. A problem where he felt like he must always know the answer. Always.

When he didn't, he seemed to freak out, go almost mindless and just sit and stare or pace the floor of wherever he was. Blue knew that, and often tried to help him. It rarely worked.

Yellow sat in his little room, which he shared with Green. Speaking of Green, the musician was fast asleep on his bed, snoring enough where Yellow could do nothing but toss and turn. Eventually, the moody professor turned and grabbed a shoe, then threw it at Green, hitting his head. Green yelped and jumped up.

"Shut up and stop snoring!" Yellow yelled, turning over. It was another moment before he heard Green finally settle. Yellow tried to sleep, but even with Green's snoring quieted, he couldn't. Yellow huffed and sighed through his nose. He didn't remember getting up and walking into the kitchen, but he had.

Blue was in there, making some hot milk. Did Blue always know when he was feeling down? Blue looked up and gave his classic goofy grin, and waved. "Hey, Yellow! Want some milk?" He poured two glasses without waiting for a response, handed one to Yellow. Yellow sat down and drank some of it, the warmth almost making him feel better in itself.

Blue hummed softly as he drank his own, pulled out some cookies he must've made earlier.

Together, silently, the two ate their sweet treats. Yellow eventually turned to Blue. "Ever feel helpless?" He asked. Blue looked over, set his cup down. "Okay. Yeah, I do. A lot. Everyone does sometimes." Blue responded, his usual high-pitched and loud voice turning almost completely opposite. Yellow shook his head. "I hate it. I'm the smart one. I need to always know what to do. It's my job." Yellow put his head in his hands.

Blue pat his back, then smiled. "It's okay to be helpless." He told Yellow. Maybe he was right. Yellow looked up. "Find anything yet?" He asked. Blue looked at him, confused. Yellow smiled. "A synonym of cinnamon. Find one?" He asked again. Blue blinked in realization, then shook his head.

"I'll find one, I bet you I will."

Yellow kept tinkering with the control board the next day, to no avail. Blue sat with him. The two had been tag-teaming for a couple days, now. What was this now, a week into the Deep Dark? Maybe more. Yellow shook his head. "I don't know what to do. Nothing here." Yellow turned to Blue. Blue looked at him. "Maybe it's not the control board that's keeping us here." Blue said. Yellow was surprised. "That... that could make sense." They scaled every floor of the Deep Dark. What hadn't they tried?

He paused, looked at the ceiling.

"Ask Green for his elytra." Yellow said.

Blue grinned. "Are we gonna go scuba diving in the sky?" He jumped up. Yellow rolled his eyes.

"Go get the elytra. We're going exploring."

——————

Hello, my lovelies!

Thanks for reading another slow chapter in the series, I tried hard to finish this.

I'll be working on the next chapter soon as this is published, try and finish as quick as possible.

Quick credit to A Wrinkle In Time with Blue and Yellow's milk interaction— as that happens in the book.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day!