~Angry Bird~ Nitish-Venky

bleedblue2011 you are responsible for turning my Ro book into a KKR one. (Not that I am complaining). Also I am borrowing a bit of your plot about the night blindness incident pleasee dont mind. A short but cute on for you.

~~~~

3 times Venky was the bigger person and 1 time he wasn't
OR
3 times Venky forgave Nitish for his anger out bursts and one time Nitish had to earn it.

Everyone in KKR knew that Nitish Rana had serious anger issues. So pulling his strings, which wasn't hard, was something everyone avoided. All but one, Venkatesh Iyer. Venky never cowered away when Nitish had any anger outburst, trying to help his best friend out. But often times it backfired.

Nitish, who hated being 'pitied' would always think of Venky's compassion as pity in these circumstances. This would lead him to say things he could never mean.

Nitish had a very terrible performance for the third time in a row and was fuming.(No particular match just my imagination). Though KKR did manage to win and the environment on the dressing room was on cloud nine, Nitish was on a mission of self sabotage.

"Nitish Bhaiyaa, chalo na cake cutting hoga abhi." A super enthusiastic Rinku came and called Nitish. Nitish simply said, "Tu ja mujhe man nahi hai."

"Kaise man nahin hai bhaiya chalo na." Rinku tried once more. "Ja na!" Nitish said a little harshly this time making Rinku run away to Venky. Venky knew something was not right with him.

Nitish was sitting in his room alone while everyone was downstairs. Venky came in and sat next to him silently. "Kya hai?" Nitish asked annoyed.

"You know right, this is just a rough patch and you'll come back stronger. Like you always do." Venky assured. "Ye sab consolation ki mujhe koi zaroorat nahin hai please yaha se ja." Nitish said harshly.

"Its just a matc-" Nitish cut him off "Just a match for you because you didn't get out on a duck!" Nitish screamed and Venky gave up leaving the room with a sad face.

Later that night Venky found himself smiling at his idiot best friend who sat next to him at dinner and had an hilarious attempt at small talk, which was his way of saying sorry. So Venky accepted his unsaid apology and forgave him.

《\◇/》

Second time it happened when the team was doing a challenge on who could guess the correct Bengali word. And the final round was Nitish against Shreyas and Shreyas won by 6-4.

And of course, the forever competitive Nitish wanted a re-match. But when he lost at the re-match too, the defeat had to be accepted. But what hurt an already annoyed Nitish was the fact Venky had sneaked in a little laugh with everyone else.

So Nitish sent a death glare towards his best friend. Venky noticed and immidiately stopped smiling. "No no please continue laughing, you should celebrate, your real best friend won after all."

Yas analysed the situation and raised his hands in surrender. When Venky tried to justify himself Nitish burst out saying, "Shut up and leave I don't talk to traitors."

"What are you five?" Venky mumbled under his breath.

But then again as usual Nitish tried a silly sign of apology and Venky accepted it again.

《\◇/》

For the 2023 season the captain Shreyas Iyer was suffering from an injury and had to miss the season. So, obviously Nitish Rana, the vice captain was made the captain for the season.

Eventhough Nitish appeared to be okay he was not. For some reason it kept bugging him that he might never be a good enough captain like DK bhai, Shreyas and most definitely not like his idol Gauti bhai.

Nitish was in a very cranky mood all day, So when Venky came to his room unannounced and started feeding him sweet lies, or thats what Venky's reassurances sounded to him, Nitish did what he did best. Burst out on his poor best friend.

Later that evening when Venky found his little angry bird sitting with a sad face all alone, Venky did what he did best. Forgave him and made up.

《\◇/》

After the second leg loss against GT, Nitish sat down with the entire team to have a long discussion. After giving everyone their share, Nitish looked at Venky and said. "You should really see an eye doctor?"

"Uh- Why?"

"Cause it's clear you've started showing signs of night blindness."

It took Venky some time to realise what he really meant but when he realised it was about his poor performances in the evening matches, for the first time ever he felt betrayed.

While everyone laughed Venky silently looked at the ground. It was true that Venky was not like Nitish, he couldnt burst out on random people to relieve his anger.

Nitish noticed that he had gone too far and was about to say something when Venky left silently.

This time Nitish's old tricks weren't working. And when it had been two days since they had spoken Nitish realised his best friend was more than his ego.

"I am sorry Venky. I was being insensitive and mean. I really am." Nitish said. When he still didn't get a response. He just said, "Ye angry bird banne ka kam mera hai tu kyun kar raha hai?"

Thats when Venky finally gave in and said, "Fine." Nitish pulled him in for a hug and Venky finally smiled.

~~~~~

A/n: I am so anxious for today that my father had to reassure me for 5 times that we will win. I am just praying for the best.

 I am just praying for the best

ALSO BABY YAS IS SO CUTE