🕸Apologies (Zestial)🕸

Requested by: sageh408

Paring: Zestial & female!Reader

Quick overview: Zestial and Y/N are in a secret relationship. When Zestial leaks out their secret to the other overlords, Y/N gets mad and Zestial tries to get her to forgive him.

"Name?"

"Overlord Y/N L/N"

"Ah yes...Ms. L/N," the demon said, checking her list, "what is your reason to be here?"

"I'm afraid I don't know ma'am. Zestial called for me," I replied.

The demon's eyes lit up, as if something had just clicked into place for her. "Oh, yes...well then," she cleared her throat, "yes I do remember him mentioning something like that. Come in..." she opened the doors to the overlord meeting room.

I stepped inside, her closing the door behind me.

"Zestial?" I called out.

There was no response.

I scoffed. "No doubt another cruel trick from him to piss me off," I mumbled to myself, turning around to leave. That's when I heard a clatter come from the end of the meeting room.

"Y/N!! Wait!" I heard Zestial's voice say.

He smiled at seeing my face. "Darling you know better than to think I just sent you here for no reason..." he leaned down and kissed my hand.

I rolled my eyes. "Zestial I don't want to talk to you," I said, swiping my hand away from him. I started turning towards the door to leave. Zestial ran up to me and grabbed my wrist.

"You have to look past that!" Zestial said desperately, practically begging me to stay.

I sighed in defeat and sat down. He looked more relived as he sat down next to me.

"I...I just want to say I'm sorry...for blowing our cover," he said looking down.

"And...?"

"And?! Damn it I ought to-" he stopped himself just in time. I rolled my eyes again, crossing my arms.

"Zestial, do you know what would happen if the media...if anyone knew about us!" I scolded, "why did you think it was a good idea to just mention it to the other overlords?!"

"I...I thought..." he stuttered.

"No," I interrupted, "I'm sorry Zestial. But I just need to distance myself from you for now," I stood up and rushed out the door, hastily wiping away the tears that started welling up in my eyes.

~•*•~

I was at home alone watching a movie on my couch, but I wasn't paying attention. I thought of Zestial, and how unfair I've been to him. I was a bit harsh...and I definitely could've handled it better. After all, Zestial had only told the other overlords, who we both know wouldn't leak out the information. Maybe I should apologize to him...

I heard a faint knock on my door.

I got off the couch and paused the movie, straightening myself up.

"Who's there?" I asked. My voice was a bit hoarse from crying.

I opened the door to see Zestial holding a bouquet of roses.

"Y/N...please forgive me...I'm so-"

I ran up to him and hugged him. "No, Zestial...I'm sorry. I was totally inconsiderate, and rude, and..." I trailed off.

He pulled away and smiled faintly at me.

"It's alright my dear...I forgive you, too."

I smiled back. "Now, come on in! I've got some leftovers, a movie playing, we can do whatever you want..."

The rest of the night we just talked laughed and had fun...

Basic...but I like to enjoy the little things.