🪽Hurt in Battle (Adam)🪽

Requested by: @Roselover201

Paring: Adam x Gender Neutral!Reader

Summary: Y/N was injured during the extermination and Adam visits her in the hospital.
⚠️SPOILER⚠️: In this scenario Adam survived the battle.

"Where do you want me to go, sir?" I asked.
He turned around, startled.
"Oh...sorry," I apologized.

A light blush formed on his cheeks, "oh, no don't worry, Y/N it's fine," he said nervously laughing.
I smiled but soon my eyes shifted to a demon with white hair, raising an angelic spear behind him.

"Sir!" I yelled, pushing him out of the way of her weapon.
I felt the cold spear thrust through my shoulder, just missing my chest.

"Y-Y/N?!" Adam rushed over frantically.
My eyelids started to feel heavier as I toppled over.

It went pitch black.

~•*•~

I woke up hooked up to a bunch of tubes and blood bags, lying peacefully on a hospital bed.
I groaned in pain as I turned over.

Well, at least I survived...
I heard a knock at the door.

"Hm? Come in," I said.
"Hello there!" The nurse said, a little too cheerfully.

"Oh, um, hi?"
"You have a visitor," she replied, smiling that pearly-white-teeth-nurse smile.

"Oh, can you tell them to come back later? I'm still a little--"
"Come on in!" She said, completely ignoring me as she greeted the visitor.

"Sir?" I asked my boss, as he walked in.
He nodded shyly, fidgeting with his hands.

"Have fun!" The nurse said, slamming the door behind her.
"Why are you visiting me?" I asked, turning to my boss.

"I-uh...I wanted to make sure you were...okay," he said bashfully, turning away.

I tried to sit up but Adam quickly rushed over to push me back down. "No, don't get up, you'll hurt yourself."

I smiled. "Here, come sit," I said, patting the edge of the hospital bed.
He nodded and sat down.

"Might I ask something, sir?"
"Mhm?"
"You...you've never visited the angels hurt during the extermination before...er--sir," I said, correcting myself, "why now?"

He was silent for a second before speaking again. "B-because...um, because...well you're, in a way, special," he said, smiling down at me, a darker blush becoming more visible.

"You mean I'm a good employee sir?" I asked.
"I mean...yes, you are but...you're a lot more than that, too."

I raised my eyebrows. "In what way, sir?"
"Um, you also don't have to keep calling me sir--call me Adam. If that's okay!" He added the last part quickly.

I nodded, "of course, but in what way am I 'more than that'?"

I've been working for him for almost 15 years now...we were friends, well, as much as a boss and his employee can be friends. We just aren't super close. So I wondered how I could be more special than the other exterminators, especially since I knew there were definitely stronger fighters than me.

"Well..." he started, "you're smart, and skilled, and an amazing fighter along with being an amazing person and coworker, and..." he trailed off, hiding his now very red face.

"I'm just...really lucky to have you..." he whispered.
I felt myself slightly blush and turned away.
"T-thanks...Adam."

I looked up at him to see him smiling down at me.

"Um...and...if...it's alright..." he lifted up my hand.

"Adam?"
He squeezed my hand.
"I need to tell you something..."

"Yes?"
He turned his head down, still holding my hand close to him.

"I like you," he whispered.
I had to catch my breath before breathing , "I like you too."

I was just as surprised as he was when I said it. I've never acknowledged it, but now I know for sure. I do like him.

"Y-you...really?!" He asked excitedly.
"I...I do!"
"Well...if that's the case...will you be my...partner?" He asked, holding his breath.
"Yes, yes I will!"

He seemed like he was about to explode with happiness.

"You're...making my heart beat so fast right now..." he said, blushing as hard as ever.
I chuckled.

"So...once you get out...and, I talked to the nurse before this, you should be out in a few days...would you like to go on a date with me? Maybe?"

I nodded, "yes! I mean...yeah, of course!"
I beamed.
"Well great! I um...I should probably let you rest now but...I'll see you...Y/N."

"See you...Adam."

He gave me one last smile and closed the door behind him.