Ferris Wheel

Over the next week, I hung out with Kara every single day after hockey practice. I figured that even though I didn't tell her about her weird stalker, it shouldn't affect our friendship.. right?  

I mean its not like I have to tell her everything, right? 

Right?     

"Bet you I can reach the Ferris wheel first!" I squeal, starting to run to the wheel. 

"And I bet you you cant~" Kara coos, dashing past me and then leaning on one of the bars of the Ferris wheel. 

"Dang it, how do you keep winning? This is like the third time now!" I say, leaning over my knees and panting. 

"I'm just awesome like that I guess," Kara smirks smugly. "Oh my GOD. Are those hotdog spaghetti pizza tacos? Be right back!" Kara runs off for three seconds before returning with a pile of food. 

"Oh my-" I say. 

"You want some?" Kara says, words muffled from food. 

"Nah, I'm good, you enjoy yourself, though," I laugh, shaking my head. 

"Suit yourself," she shrugs, scoffing down the last of her weird taco things. "Hey! Wanna do something fun?" 

"You know I do," I grin and in response Kara grabs my wrist and drags me to a short line. 

She rubs her hands together and chuckles gleefully. "Man, I love this ride!"  

 "Seriously, ghosts?"  

"Yup!" Kara's eyes light up with wonder and a smile creeps up to her eyes. 

 I raise my eyebrow, and tease, "Kara, I'm not five, ghosts aren't even scary anymore, or fun on that matter," 

"Oh pish posh, you've never been on this one! Trust me, its the BEST," Kara laughs, casually throwing an arm around me. Something sparks inside me, and my heart beat accelerates. My cheeks flush pink and I realise this wasnt like when Leslie slung an arm around me, or when Doris put her arm around my shoulder and brought me in. Unlike the others, this didn't feel safe and calm, I felt.. nervous, and it was exhilarating. 

I open my mouth to say something, anything, but before I can, Kara drags me forward, triumphantly pointing at the ride, "Look, we get front seats! Awesome!" 

Sitting at the front of a small train like structure in a weird creepy fake cave was not how I imagined my evening to go, but hey, anything for Kara, right? 

As we descended slowly into a dark void in the ground, I noticed green tinged webs and synthetic wisps surrounding me, framing the void like badly cut bangs. Holographic ghosts popped out at me and abundant gentle, creepy laughs echoed in my ears. Ghosts of all forms creaked and moaned around me, desperately begging me for their attention. Figures chortled at me as my eyes widen in shock, and shadows dropped and fell like flies, before arising into ghastly white figures, ascending back up the void, escaping their former bodies. 

Chugging around the rails in a confusing hysterical loop, we accelerate and go up. I feel my hair hit my face and blowing out behind me. Cool air swirls around me, blanketing me, making my skin prickle. We go back down, at an even faster pace, more figures appearing and more laughter echoing around me. We finally start choppily moving upwards, the rhythmic clicks telling me the ride was nearly over. 

We reach the slightly brighter, less green, more natural light of outside and Kara whoops. 

"Holy shit." I say.