Well Done

Over the next three weeks we played against four other schools, and we won every single one of them. Doris gradually got more and more cocky and confident, and after each game the same thing happened again and again, Kara was the first to come running and congratulate me and her friends followed. Every time we celebrated and every time Hal Jordan had a dramatic monologue.

The four schools were Marble High, Mountain Oaks High, Hawking High and Palm Valley High School.

Marble High was filled with students of extreme elegance and they played with the same demeanour. Everything about the student body seemed very deliberate and they held themselves up with pure grace.

Their captain was a lithe figure with sleek dark hair and dull eyes. Her features were delicate and on her wrist sat a dainty chain with a small green pendant resembling Scottish marble.

Despite their accuracy and intent, Marble High was painfully easy to win against, as they performed everything by textbook instead of experience. Doris could barely contain her laughter by the end of the match when we won by 12 points.

Mountain Oaks, on the other hand, had tall students who all stood strong and over everyone else. Their cheerleaders were whimsical, like leaves, and their players bulky like tree trunks. 

Playing against them was a lot harder, especially because they liked to crowd together, making it nearly impossible to get the ball. Eventually Doris figured out they were very intently marking each of our players, so if we ran out wards instead of inwards, there'd be more space for other players to get the ball. 

Directly contrasting the Marble High captain, Mountain Oaks captain was a tall, muscular girl with short curly hair and a strong jawline. Her eyebrows were deep set and her dark eyes stared Doris down like a predator.

We emerged from the match in the lead with 4 points and Mountain Oaks players all looked vaguely disappointed.

Hawking High, a school known for the student's lack of speaking and intense attitudes.

When the captains had to shake hands to open the game, Doris was met with a girl with sharp, bird like eyes, a hooked nose and thin lips. She hardly spoke and the only words that ever left her lips were "Good game,"

When we played them we were hit with an abundance of strategies and techniques, all of their players flying across the pitch and snatching the ball like it was prey.

They communicated in loud shrieks, short quick nods and shakes. Eventually everyone ran out of time and we won with 6 points, much to everyone's surprise. Instead of acting disappointed, the Hawking High players all just looked mildly amused at the display of pure shock everyone had. 

One of the players from Hawking High came up to Doris, a tall, attractive guy with dark feathery hair and hard, brown eyes. He shoved his hands in his pocket and tossed his head back, asking for her number. To my surprise Doris blatantly refused and even pulled me into the conversation, holding me into her, the side of my face crushed against the base of her neck, to get him to back off.

"Sorry Y/n, had to get my point across," She said, after he walked away, his cocky demeanour still standing strong. He shrugged at what seemed to be his friends and shook his head, silently informing them about his rejection.

"Hey Doris, why did you refuse him? He's totally hot," I asked, confused.

"Y/n," Doris said, face completely dead pan.

"Yeah?" 

"I'm a lesbian,"

"Oh," I go pink. Of course she was, I should have known. "My bad,"