Smallville High

Hockey season was making me more and more well known by the second and everyday I felt like an A-listed celebrity. It felt like everywhere I turned a new person would introduce themselves to me, or ask me about the matches or my social media handle or literally anything.

Soon enough, I found myself running from class to class, or hiding with Doris behind a shield of Carol, Selena, Leslie, Pamela and Harleen.

They were incredibly helpful, and because of Leslie's notorious gossip column, people were sure to leave me alone when they were around. They waited for me after my lessons and delivered me to my clubs during lunch and after school. 

"Y/n!" Someone called as I was wedged  in between Leslie and Selena. They both looked around protectively, before I saw a bouncy red head running my way.

"Y/nnn!" She called again.

"Oh, hey Barbra, what's up?" Selena and Leslie relaxed, and I nearly laughed. They were almost like bodyguards.

"Y/n, its Thursday, you have no clubs today! Come sit with us!" She pleads, her eyes shining in anticipation.

Leslie and Selena tensed up again, ready for attack, and I pat them down, shaking my head.

"Sure," I smile.

I always enjoy sitting with them because they always have something new going on, and I find it funny listening to their constant bickering. To my utter delight, Karen had finally warmed up to me, and now she wasn't afraid to greet me with a hug, or a squeal or even an occasional drag.

"Hey, Y/n," Karen calls, redirecting my attention from admiring Kara who was obnoxiously chewing on a burrito with her headphones jammed on her head to her.

"Yeah, what's up Karen?" I reply.

"Isn't it your final match tomorrow?" Karen tilts her head to the side cutely, and blinks questioningly.

"Oh my god, don't even remind me!" I laugh. "I'm so scared it's not even funny," 

"What?? You shouldn't be!" Barbra interrupts, shaking my shoulder. "You guys have literally been winning match after match, Hal Jordan's never been so jealous!" 

I chuckle at the mental image of another Hal performance of pure drama.

"Do you know which school you're going up against?" Zee asks, blowing the dust off her nails.

"Oh- yeah, Doris said it could be either Smallville or-"

"What?!" Kara blurts out, wriggling out her headphones.

"What?" 

"Smallville? Smallville High?" Kara asks, eyebrows ascending as she spoke.

"Er- yeah? I mean it could also be River-" I reply.

"Omg, no way-" Kara says, shaking her blond head, "Y/n. You have to win against them!"

"Well yeah, its finals, we kind of have to win..?" I trail off, waiting to be interrupted again.

"No, seriously," Kara clasps her hands together and point at me, her eyes wide and earnest. "Smallville was my old school that expelled me for something I didn't do,

"Oh, I'm sorry-?" I say.

"No! Like, you need to beat them so I can finally have closure,"

"I mean yeah sure, why not-"

"I will literally kiss you full on the mouth if you do," Kara then says, causing me to go pink, my eyebrows delicately raised in shock. Kara seemed to have also realised the irony of her sentence and clapped her hands to her mouth, blushing rose.