𝐀𝐦𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐚

⭒๋⭑

Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?

If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

'Cause I'm not fine at all'

I remember the day you told me you were leaving

I remember the makeup running down your face

And the dreams you left behind, you didn't need them

Like every single wish we ever made

𝐀𝐦𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐚 ─  5 seconds of summer

⭒๋⭑

─────▕⃝⃤─────

As I lifted my gaze to the heavens above, the night sky was pristine and starlit, unmarred by a single cloud. The evening air carried with it the scent of damp earth and the fallen leaves of autumn, blanketing the pavement beneath my feet.

The sound of children’s laughter echoed down the reasonably bustling avenue, bringing a smile to my face.

It was far too late to be wandering through such a well-patrolled wizarding neighbourhood, far too late to be safe. But it was Halloween night, and we were wizards. So, I strode through the streets of Godric's Hollow, chin held high.

"Trick or treat?" a group of children chorused as a door swung open to reveal a woman dressed as a mummy, making amusing, albeit ineffective, mummy noises.

The children giggled, and I shook my head with a grin. I wasn’t dressed up particularly. Just a pair of high boots, a striking black cloak, my hair cascading down my back to my bum, and the most makeup I bore was a shimmering lilac eyeshadow, making my eyes, if possible, even greener.

The following weeks were an utter pandemonium at St. Mungus, punctuated by brief moments of peace each morning or afternoon when Edwiges or Eol, the owls belonging to Harry and Nymphadora, delivered letters.

I received a letter from Nymphadora early one morning, after Hermione had arrived at Hogwarts. I still remember every word.

Dearests Mommy and Mother,

I know about your decision, and your request that I protect the girl. Rest assured, she’ll be fine, I hope. I introduced myself to Hermione briefly at dinner. I haven’t had much time to chat with her yet, but plan to do so in the morning, alongside Harry.

From our brief conversation, I could tell she’s quite kind and fun. And obviously, she must be very brave for all she’s endured, having been sorted into Gryffindor.

There was quite a stir when her name was called. From every table, I heard rumours swirling around. Some are spreading news that she’s Harry’s twin sister, raised by his Muggle side of the family until they grew tired of her, and now she lives with us.

Others claim her magic appeared too late, and you thought she was a Squib, so you were too embarrassed to introduce her to the world. Or the most amusing of all: Hermione is the daughter of the Dark Lord with one of you, thus she was kept secret for so long.

None of the idiots considered that you simply adopted her.

I’ll try to protect her from all the gossip, I promise. Harry’s already plotting to sort out anyone who bothers her.
Missing you both terribly. Can’t wait to see you at Christmas. And to have you explain all this mess as promised.