𝐇𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐲 (𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑰𝑿)

⭒๋⭑

So show me family

All the blood that I will bleed

I don't know where I belong

I don't know where I went wrong

But I can write a song

I belong with you, you belong with me

You're my sweetheart

𝐇𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐲 ─ The Lumineers

⭒๋⭑

─────▕⃝⃤─────

With the oppressive heat and the end of exams, everyone was making the most of one of the last chances to visit the village of Hogsmeade.

I spent the afternoon with Narcissa, strolling through Hogsmeade's alleyways, laughing at jokes as chocolate melted on our cheeks under the scorching sun.

Narcissa enjoyed herself, making biting remarks with a mischievous smile, whispering in my ear so that no one else could hear us, despite there being only half a dozen wizards in the lane.

"That one should be sent straight to Azkaban," she said, pointing to a wizard in a red cap and a tattered robe. His pointed shoes didn’t look comfortable, and his gloves had holes in the fingers.

"Why?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Narcissa whispered, her expression a mix of disdain and amusement, "Such an ugly combination should be a crime."

I couldn't suppress the burst of laughter that erupted from me.

We explored the shops of Hogsmeade, filling our bags with colourful sweets and prank supplies until our arms ached from the weight. After visiting all the shops, our pockets, once heavy with gold galleons, were noticeably lighter.

Finally, we decided to return early by carriage to the grounds of Hogwarts. The journey back was marked by a sky tinged with hues of orange and pink, with shadows stretching across the nearby hills. The castle stood imposing in the distance, its towers reflecting the last rays of the sun.

Upon our arrival, we strolled through the nearly deserted gardens. The fresh scent of cut grass filled the air as we chatted animatedly about our holiday plans. We discussed the trips our families had planned and how we might keep in touch despite the distance.

"You can't send me letters," said Narcissa, worried. "Mum's already suspicious of Andromeda. We're not allowed to talk to you."

A wave of dismay washed over me, making my smile fade. I knew the Black family despised mine, something Narcissa had made clear since we first met. But since Bellatrix and Andromeda had never excluded me, I didn't expect Narcissa to be ashamed of being my friend in public.

Sitting on the soft grass, watching the giant squid lazily wave its tentacles on the surface of the lake, I wondered how I had never noticed before how differently Narcissa behaved in public. Perhaps I had noticed and simply chosen to ignore it.

I didn't want to remember the real reason we had hated each other from the start.

In the presence of many people, especially Slytherin peers, Narcissa rarely spoke to me. In public, especially around others, she became more cautious. But when we were alone, she relaxed, showing a kinder side.