𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 (𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑰)

Alright babies, as I've explained, this is a story within a story. It's time for you to start piecing some things together.

Here's how it goes: I'll tell you all what went down, right from the start. And then when the truth is unveiled, we'll return to the present, and the story gets on fire.

⭒๋⭑

Shadows settle on the place that you left

Our minds are troubled by the emptiness Destroy the middle, it's a waste of time

From the perfect start to the finish line

And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones

'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs

Setting fire to our insides for fun

Collecting names of the lovers that went wrong

The lovers that went wrong

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 ─ Daughter

⭒๋⭑

─────▕⃝⃤─────

𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟖

I drew a deep breath. The scent of damp earth and the auspicious aroma of pine trees filled my nostrils.

I adore this smell.

Hidden among the bushes, I aimed at the target I'd drawn on the massive tree. My muscles burned under the weight of the bowstring. Triceps, biceps, trapezius -all the muscles in my back vibrated with effort.

And then I released.

The arrow hit the target dead center. Pride swelled in my chest, and I stepped out of the bushes to retrieve my arrows when the sound of hooves made me jump.

I slipped on the wet ground, landing on my backside in the frosty dew of early November. An undignified squeak escaped my lips.

When a tall shadow blocked the sunlight, I looked up.

Horse hooves extended freely into a defined belly, followed by the lower half of a man. His face was handsome, with a long silver beard and matching hair. His eyes, as clear as the sky above, twinkled with amusement as they met mine.

"You need to improve your posture," he said.

I huffed, propping myself up on my elbows and accepting his extended hand. He pulled me to my feet, and I assessed my black attire. My cloak was stained at the hem, and my shoes were dirty. I hoped that when I returned to Hogwarts, no one would notice.

"I'm trying," I replied, walking over to the tree to collect some of my arrows. He let out a long, deep laugh.

"You've got potential, young one. Soon, you won't miss a single target."

I wobbled on my own feet, smiling at him.

Matea was the leader of the centaurs who inhabited the great Black Forest, which surrounded part of Hogwarts' grounds. I'd met him in my second year when he saved me from being devoured by countless Acromantulas in a cave.