𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 (𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑽𝑰𝑰)

I'm too late. But my internet is terrible today and I lost this chapter 3 times

⭒๋⭑

Well, maybe I'm in love

Think about it every time

I think about it

Can't stop thinking 'bout it

𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 ─ Counting Crows

⭒๋⭑

─────▕⃝⃤─────

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟔, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟗

A dense forest around me seemed to breathe, as if it had a life of its own. Sweat trickled down my face, while my trembling hands were exhausted from the long archery practice.

My shoulders sagged with fatigue as I sank onto one of the stones. I watched with a mix of admiration and envy as the young centaurs leapt and galloped during their training with arrows and spears.

I love this sight.

Their dedication is inspiring; they train tirelessly until they achieve perfection. Their hair flows in the light breeze, while their hooves reverberate against the ground.

Above all, I admire their wisdom and intelligence. They wait to attack, observing the alignment of the sky and the rustling of the grass that betrays the enemy's position. Then, as if they could see the magical essence, they leap from the trees where they were invisible.

The sun was already high in the sky when I got up from the stone. I looked towards the horizon, estimating it must be around ten o'clock. I slung the bow over my shoulder and began the trek back to the castle, listening to the soft rustling of leaves underfoot.

I wasn't worried about being caught; it was Easter, and most of my classmates were at home, having lunch with their families.

Those who stayed behind were lazily spending time by the lake, where the giant squid gently swayed its orange tentacles in a tranquil ballet.

I walked across the bridge and, as usual, hid my bow and quiver in a crevice between the stones. I continued, hands in pockets, in duet with the morning birdsong, until the marble staircase appeared ahead.

"Where have you been?" A voice sliced through the air like a knife behind me, making me jump with a hand to my chest and my heart racing.

Andromeda was leaning against the staircase wall, her eyebrows arched and her eyes narrowed, examining me as if she were unraveling a mystery.

I cleared my throat before answering, somewhat embarrassed by her intense gaze. "A walk."

"A walk, is it?" Her mischievous smile deepened as she examined the dirt on my cloak. "Or was it a duel with a dragon?"

My cheeks burned. "No, I... fell," I lied. "You know how clumsy I am, right?"

"Humrum," she murmured, still looking deeply into my eyes. Feeling my cheeks heat up to my ears, I averted my gaze.

"Have you had breakfast?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yes, I was heading to the library to study for the exams. Want to come with me?" she asked, tugging at my hand. With a trembling voice, I followed her through the corridors.