𝐈 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭 (𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑿)

I don't know if you'll remember all the details. But after here things stop being a fairy tale.

I confess, it is so difficult to join the dots of the story.

Have the idea? Cool. Get started? Great, plan the ending? Incredible.  Now, give a good middle plot? God help me.

⭒๋⭑

So break my step

And relent

You forgave and I won't forget

Know what we've seen

And her with less

Now in some way

Shake the excess

'Cause I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you'

𝐈 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭
─Mumford & Sons

๋⭑

─────▕⃝⃤─────
𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟏𝟖, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟗

I awoke to the first rays of sunlight filtering through the curtains. Stretching, I listened to the cacophony of birds, forming a chaotic yet curiously harmonious concert.

It still surprised me each morning that I managed to sleep through such a racket.

Rising, the cold of the wooden floor further roused me. I passed by Othello, who was preening his brown, black, and grey feathers. I scratched his head affectionately and gave him a treat. He excelled in his role, ferrying letters four times a week.

I received most of my letters from Alice, brimming with her latest escapades. In her last missive, she mentioned a trip to Egypt with her parents and promised me a gift.

The Prewett twins also wrote often, commenting on the empty house since Molly, their elder sister's, marriage. However, I longed more for Andromeda's letters.

The Blacks had just returned from Amalfi, Italy, and she recounted boat trips to the Blue Grotto and the wizarding libraries she visited.
I craved her travel stories, and even more so when the details gave me some insight into Narcissa.

Since our farewell in the Hogwarts Express carriage, Narcissa and I hadn't exchanged a word, turning our silence into an abyss that heightened my anxiety.

We had to be cautious, for unlike Andromeda, Narcissa wouldn't never risk being caught communicating with me. So, we had agreed on the train to meet a day after my birthday, in Bristol, at noon.

As I rummaged through the wardrobe for the perfect outfit for the outing, my hands tingled.

I incessantly wondered if she still remembered and if she would show up in Bristol as planned.

As I rummaged through the wardrobe, clothes quickly scattered across the room. Mum would have a fit, but I couldn't help it. It seemed I had nothing to wear.

Why did I care so much? I told myself it was just an outing. A secret outing with my nemesis: annoying, tedious, snobbish, purist, clever, and... incredibly beautiful.