6

It was three months before Serena had heard anything from Aster, when she had gotten back to work at the restaurant she was thankful she never had a single shift with Jaden or Jesse. She was thankful that her boss never placed her on the same shift as the two males. When Aster had contact her she had just gotten out of work for the day. 

"Hey Aster, what's up?"

"Mind meeting up with me somewhere?"

"Yeah I can do that but let me first shower and change out of my work clothes."

"Don't, for the sake of the meet up I need you to be as you are."

Serena was confused on why he wouldn't want her to change or shower, but let out a sigh. "Alright...fine, Where am I meeting you?"

"I need you to go to the Candy Cafe, I'll be waiting up front of it."

"Alright...sure. I'll be there in ten." She said before she hung up the call

When she got into her car she went to the candy cafe that Aster wanted her to go to. After she parked her car and placed two quarters into the meter she went up to Aster. Aster wrinkled his nose. "You really do smell like a bar...holy hell Rena."

"That's why I wanted to shower."

"I apologize for this, but it's taking me so long to get people to even talk to me about what had happened between Jaden, Jesse and you. Not everyone believes that you work with the two boys, they know that they work there-they've seen the two of them bus plates and stuff. But they've never seen you work. That's why I asked you to be here. I need you to show them that you do indeed work in the same place as them."

Serena nodded her head. "Alright fair enough I can work with that. Just who am I bitching out today?"

"Chazz, Zane and Alexis."

She rolled her eyes-the three people she didn't really get along with didn't believe Aster. She sighed out. "No promises that I'll be civil with them."

"At this point I don't care, I'm at wits end with them."

"Cool take me to see them please Aster."

"Sure thing."

the two of them went inside before he showed her where they were sitting. Aster pulled out a chair for Serena and sat by her as Chazz sat on the other side of her and beside Chazz was Zane as Alexis sat beside Aster. Chazz looked at Serena disgusted. "Why the hell do you smell so bad?"

"I just got off of working." She stated as she motioned to the clothes she wore

Zane took one look at her and rubbed between his eyes. "You've got to be kidding me....So those idiots were idiots."

"I'm well aware that none of you three care about me or like any part of who I am. But defending two useless assholes isn't going to make me like any of you any more than them."

"They're homeless thanks to you!" Alexis hissed out

"No, they are homeless because they spend 1200 dollars twice a month at the bar and restaurant leaving me to pay for every bill and rent. Because they weren't pulling their weight I had to get two jobs. Just because they weren't going through with the written agreement the three of us made with one another." Serena said seriously "And on top of all of that I was going to college."

"Was? did you drop out?" Aster asked

"Nope, I graduated last month. I am actually waiting for a call back from the elementary school to become a teacher there."

"Oh shit, no way. Well best of luck Serena, I know you'll do well. You've always had a knack for dealing with children." Aster said with a smile

"Thanks."