until we meet again

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎:

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎:

"come back to us. come back to me"

After the events, they all dispersed. Katerina was aware that they would not be able to go very far because Kaz and his friends were being chased after by the stadwatch, and this explosion certainly did not help their cause.

Kaz informed Katerina that he wanted to talk to her alone, so they both walked outside. As she was following Kaz, Katerina voiced the thoughts that've been swarming in her head for a while now.

"It's a shame, really." She sighed, walking beside Kaz. "I wanted to see the famous Crow Club you told me so much about."

Kaz stopped, forcing the redhead to do the same. They faced each other, the girl offering a tight-lipped smile. "Now it all has gone to waste. Blown up, just like that."

Kaz stared at the redhead for a minute before speaking.

"I know I promised you to show you the Crow Club but let me make up for it." Katerina tilted her head, her interest piqued. "Once I've gotten my revenge on Pekka and reclaimed what's mine, I'll build a new Crow Club, better than the last one."

Katerina stared at Kaz and the small smirk on his lips.

"And you'll be the first person to see it."

As if in an instant, a beaming smile appeared on Katerina's lips. "Really?"

Kaz gave a nod, and the redhead had to restrain herself from enveloping the boy in her hug. Rather, her response was only a smile. Katerina hoped Kaz could see how appreciative she was of him for doing this. Though it may not seem like much to some, the redhead has recently learned to value the simple things because, most of the time, those are what bring true happiness.

"It's different." The redhead looked at Kaz, confused. "Your hair, I mean."

Katerina opened her mouth to say something, but Kaz beat her to it. His voice was hoarse, but the redhead sensed no anger or disappointment in it.

"I know. I know why you did it. It's why you did all those other things. Burned your black kefta, left your home, and came to Ketterdam." As Kaz was talking, Katerina realized that he knew everything because he always paid attention. Always. "It's to get rid of his influence, and I don't blame you. I'm not angry. If that's what you think."

The redhead didn't know what to say; that's why she opted for a simple thank you. The gratitude was already etched into her expression, and she hoped Kaz was able to notice it. Of course, he can. Kaz Brekker notices everything. Nothing gets past his ever-watchful eyes.

The boy shrugged his shoulders, motioning toward her hair. "I could get used to it."

Katerina wanted this moment to last forever, but soon the topic of Alina Starkov and the fact that her location had been leaked arose in Katerina's mind. It was always there, bothering her mind ever since Kaz announced this. She decided to not beat around the bush and get straight to the point.