Johnny Boy

A/n shortt chapter sorry i did some of this in school.

"Vanity!" The door of the hotel burst open, Sid had just come home as he wanted to get back to Vanity before dark.

"Vanity I'm home!" He shouted with no response. "Baby?" He checked the bathroom which was empty. Their hotel room was quite big but it wasn't enormous, there was a small kitchen and a mini fridge along with a small sitting area and their bed and bathroom, so their couldn't have been many places Vanity was.

Then the paranoia started, Sid went out onto the balcony and peered down below to see if she'd done what he thought she had. Of course it was slightly stupid. Because if she had thrown herself from the balcony surely Sid would have seen her when he came into the building, surely their would be panic and cries of horror that someone had just committed suicide.

It wasn't until Sid went back into the room that he noticed a note sellotaped to the mini fridge door.

Gone out to score some stuff.
Be back soon baby
Xoxo Vanity

He sighed in relief, crumbling the note up and putting it on the side of the counter.

As he grabbed a beer from the fridge, the phone on Vanity's bedside started ringing. He huffed "Alright God" Sid lazily walked over to it, picking it up and putting it next to his ear.

"Hello?" He said into the receiver.

"Hello Sidney" the voice said. Sid's heart caught in his throat, he swallowed before furrowing his brows

"Johnny?" He questioned in disbelief, he hadn't heard Johnny's voice in a while, not speaking directly too him at least. He felt like pinching himself to if he was actually hearing Johnny's voice, and Sid didn't know whether to feel angry or glad to hear his old best friends voice again.

"Yeah it's me. Listen Sid I'm only gonna say this once, and if you don't care and you don't wanna hear me out then fine, cause after this I'm done trying. This is my final attempt. I need you to listen"
Johnny spoke quickly and firmly so Sid could grasp every part of information he needed him to.

"I-i'm listening" Sid stuttered. Johnny took a deep breath before speaking
"Sid I know that Malcolm's over in New York with ya, why I don't know but it's something to do with Vanity I can tell you that. Listen, he's going to come home tomorrow, to the airport." Johnny said in a firm voice.

"What's that mean then?" Sid asked, not understanding why Johnny was putting this out to him. "It means, you could go with him. Come back here I mean. Sid i know you don't wanna be a junkie. I know you don't want this life because you've said it so yourself. If you come home I'll help you. We'll get ya into a rehab and detox you. You'll be okay Sid I promise" Johnny's body tensed as he held his breath, waiting for Sid to answer.

Sid thought about it. He couldn't just go and leave without Vanity. He couldn't.
They'd made a promise. In the second night to come they'd promised to overdose together, he had a letter prepared to write to his mum, all of the things he wanted to say, and the things he never said to her.

The offer was so tempting to accept.

"I can't Johnny, I can't leave her." Sid choked on his words "you don't have to, well not unless she agrees to come with you. You can both get clean together but Sid. I know you don't want this life. Come back Sid. I want my best mate back." Johnny practically pleaded, this was his last attempt at bringing Sid back, from request of Vivienne and deep down inside himself.

He thought again "I can't do it" he stuttered out and placed his forehead on the ball of his palm.
"Sid please...please mate. Your spending thousands on drugs, a grand each week. If you carry on like this you'll be dead within the week"

Sid swallowed the lump in his throat. How could he leave Vanity, he just couldn't.
He didn't want to leave her alone to die, and he knew that she wanted to commit together, they planned it for god sake, soon they'd be following through with it and Vanity was more than ready to go.

But Sid wasn't.

"Yeah...alright then. I'll talk to Vanity about it and meet Malcolm at the airport" Sid said with an instant guilt.
Now he had to tell her, tell her that he's not going through with it. Tell her that he's not going to kill himself.

He can only hope she agrees to go with him.