Worthy of Your Love

Panting hard, Wei Wuxian shot up in cold sweat.

Eyes wide open and alert with adrenaline.

The same hundredth nightmare replayed in his head – He and Hanguang Jun having a fight until he gets fed up and leaves him.

The nightmares made him filled with thoughts: I should rot in hell, and I don't deserve anyone's care. When the world turned against me, Lan Zhan was the only one who cared for me, yet I've never repaid him. I would be eternally grateful if I perished, and I would be happy for him if he left me.

These nightmares. They haunted him and chased him like ghosts, strangling his ability to differentiate between reality and dreams. Lan Wangji would hold him every time, he would be there for him, but Wei Ying felt nothing but remorse and a sense of melancholy.

The creaking of the door opened a sliver of light.

"Wei Ying." A soothing and familiar voice spoke.

"Hah... good morning Lan-er-gege!" Wei Ying plastered a smile on his face. His eyes overflowing with tears but not daring to spill.

"It is chou time, why aren't you asleep?"

"You fuddy duddy! Why aren't you asleep?" His voice quivered slightly at the end, and the thought of the nightmare smacked him in the face again, choking him.

His breath turned shallow crazily fast, and when Lan Zhan sat next to him and adjusted his red ribbon lovingly, he bursted into tears.

"Lan Zhan... I'm sorry for being such a pain... I d-don't deserve you..." Wei Ying hiccupped into a broken mess.

"Wei Ying, I love you a lot. You must know that." Lan Zhan gathered him into his embrace, "When will you see yourself the way I see you?"

"N-no, really. I shouldn't be interrupting your life, it would be better without me." The Yiling Patriarch sobbed, leaning into him, and shuddering uncontrollably.

"I can't live without you, please stay. Stay here with me, please." Lan Zhan whispered and held him close.

"I can't..." Wei Ying utters, despite clutching onto Lan Zhan's robes like his life depended on it. After a few minutes, the Yiling Laozu fell asleep again.

Every time Wei Ying cried, it brought out Lan Wangji's insecurities. Why didn't he stand by Wei Ying at Never night? Was he treating him badly? Was he a bad husband? Since Wei Ying talked about being out of Lan Zhan's life so much, was he really happy in their relationship? Should Wangji be in Wei Ying's life?

Did Wei Wuxian love him?

____

"Greetings Hanguang-Jun, we'd like to ask for your permission to embark on a night hunt with supervision." Wen Sizhui bowed as polite as ever.

"Mn. I will be the supervisor along with Senior Wei." Lan Wangji replied without hesitation. He thought Wei Ying would like some time outside of Cloud Recesses, some freedom.

"Hanguang-Jun, unfortunately I asked for your supervision because this is no ordinary night hunt. It will be on water, focussing on dispersing of a water spirit."

"I am aware, the rumours of deaths have been spreading. We will set off at Hai time."

Lan Qiren was swiftly notified as everyone prepared for the night hunt.

"Sizhui, why are you such a goody two shoes? Why do you always drag us into boring stuff like this?" Jin Rulan rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Mind your manners Young Mistress!" Lan Jingyi shot back.