15

After many different games played, Serena's father had finished cooking food for Serena's birthday party. Serena chose to sit down at one of the tables away from everything, the first person to go up to her after getting their food was Jaden who sat across from her. 

"Can we please talk Serena? I know what I did what wrong and I want to make things right."

Serena nodded her head as she had a mouth full of food, Jaden let out a sigh of relief before he placed his hands together in thought as he frowned. "After you left and took what was yours, it was a serious reality slap. I hadn't realized just how much you placed into that apartment. Jesse and I seriously treated you like shit and you didn't deserve that. I treated you just as bad as your mother if not worse and you didn't deserve that type of attitude from me."

Serena was silent as she listened rather well to what he said to her. She wanted to hear everything before she spoke to him. While Jaden spoke to Serena, Aster sat beside Serena while Jesse had sat beside Jaden across from Aster.

"Jesse and I did sign an agreement with you that we had completely ignored, that's on us for doing what we had. Not to mention blowing off our entire pay checks like we had, we had no idea that the reason you took on a second job was because of us slacking off and how expensive things were. Having to now do things on our own-we are barely able to keep up with everything and eat. Is there any way for you to forgive at least me for what I've said and done to you. I'd like to have my best friend back."

Serena said nothing as she finished her food, she then looked at Jesse waiting to hear his apology. When she realized that it was riding on what Jaden said she looked at him. 

"Since you've apologized to me and spoken up like a real adult I will forgive you. But you and I need to go back to square one with our friend ship. What you did wasn't cool and I'm not going to be all chummy with you just because you are realizing your fuck ups Jaden." Serena said with her arms crossed

Jaden's eyes lit up hearing her speak. "Sure! I can work with that!"

"Good to hear, now one thing I should mention is that I am in a relationship with Aster. So you two may be seeing me in that apartment complex a bit more often now that he and I are together."

Jaden looked at her stunned. "Oh wow...I knew you had been acting odd around him in school...but I didn't think it was because you liked him."

Jesse hated that Serena wasn't even acknowledging him. He slammed his hands on the table as he got up. "Serena why won't you talk to me?!"

She said nothing to him as she went to take care of her plate. When she did, she went up to her father with a smile. "Thanks for making food for this papa."

"Of course Rena. I'm glad that this year I get to spend it with you."

Serena nodded her head happily agreeing with her father. When people had finished eating, there was a DJ that had played music and people had began to dance, the only one that didn't was Serena. She knew she had two left feet so she refused to make a fool of herself.  It wasn't until Gina had pulled her to the floor as a bop like tune came on. Gina refused to let go of her sisters hands as they dances together.  It didn't take long for Serena to find a groove in the music and dance with her female siblings close by her. 

While Serena was distracted Aster and Milo had left out to get Serena's birthday cake, while the two were out Milo couldn't help but smirk at the younger male. "So...seems like you and Serena got rather close today Aster."

Aster let out a sigh as he rubbed between his eyes. "Tell me honestly, did you give her that dress? I've never known her to own anything that revealing on her own."

Milo let out a chuckle. "Nope, my ex-wife Mira gave it to her as an early birthday present since she wouldn't be able to be around her for her birthday."

"Of course...it just had to be that woman. She teased the hell out of Serena and I for the longest time. Even though her and I were only friends in high school."

"I keep forgetting that Mira and the two of you are the same age and went to school together. So how does it feel being with my sister finally?"

"I feel like I can breathe finally, I don't have to hold myself back anymore from her. There's so much that I've wanted to say to her and now...now I can tell her what's on my mind."

"Well that's good to hear, do I even want to know what happened when you took her out of the main venue room?" Milo inquired

"If you're wondering if we went all the way we didn't...ignorance is bliss...and I'm very ignorant to things of that nature." Aster said honestly

"Seriously? I know Rena mentioned to our family when she first became friends with you that you are an orphan that you had lost your parents at a young age but just how young were you?" Milo inquired

"Eight."

"Oh shit! That is rather young. And no one that took care of you actually cared enough to tell you anything?"

Aster shook his head as he let out a sigh "I was constantly moving around from one place to another. And I hated it so much."

"I can only imagine what it's been like for you kid."