Chapter: 11

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a purple body-hugging dress that went above my knees. Off-shoulder siya na may lantern sleeves at tinernohan ko ng black heels. I tied my hair up and let a few strands fall on my face. I put on the beads Ella gave me at nilagay ko iyon sa gilid ng mata ko.

I went down and saw na Eric's car was parked outside so I rushed down to meet him.

"Hello!" He said cheerfully and gave me a flower band. "Tara na."

We arrived at the venue the same time Jance and Ate Marie did. She had a black dress on while Jance was wearing a suit with a purple tie. Me and Eric greeted both and went inside.

I was checking up on all of the students when suddenly Ella came running towards me.

"Very pretty my Lala!" She complimented.

We were just talking when the principal had announced na magsisimula na ang program. Nagkaroon ng awardings before the prom started like Mr. Popularity, Ms. Sweet Smile.

"When the party ends we will announce also the King and Queen of the faculty so make sure to also cast your votes for your favorite pair!"

I did everything in my power to avoid Jance since I kind of felt jealous. Alam ko namang nauna ako na piliin si Eric pero I just didn't like the fact na may iba siyang kasama kahit si Ate Marie lang naman yon!

"Lalaina, kakain na." Eric called so I walked towards him. "What do you want? Lalagyan ko ang plate mo."

I told him that he could put anything he wants on there basta kaya kong kainin. I wasn't very picky on food but I am picky with coffee.

"Tabi tayo kina Jance?" He asked kaya napatingin ako sa table nila. Jance was watching us but I didn't want to sit there.

"No, I see a table over there oh with Carly."

Carly was with Jake, they were the only ones there kaya tinabihan namin since close friends naman si Carly at Eric. I looked over Jance's table and saw na he was fidgeting with his tie.

The kids were enjoying and I really liked it. These children deserve this, they earned it. No matter what they went through. As usual, ang prom King and Queen ay galing sa Engineering department. They had a little dance, sumali rin kaming mga teachers. I was dancing with Eric when I saw Jance sitting alone at a corner because Ate Marie went home early. Hinanap na raw kasi siya ng anak niya.

"Lalaina aaminin ko na ito sa'yo." Eric started kaya kinabahan ako. "Tell him how you feel, I'm tired of keeping my mouth shut kahit super obvious naman ng nangyayari."

"Ha?"

"Oh come on, sa tingin mo ba hindi kami nakakahalata sa mga nangyayari? You like Jance and if that isn't enough for you to fight for him then let me tell you something." He paused for a while to look at Jance before continuing. "Jance is a good guy, medyo scary kapag galit but I know somewhere deep in his heart na he loves you. He cares for you and I can't keep going on knowing that what you two have is special and not having anything to do about it... I just can't."

"Eric mahal ko siya pero hindi iyon sapat para masira ang friendship namin." I answered.

"Nasira na ang friendship niyo the moment you realized 3 years ago na gusto mo siya." He said kaya natigil kami. "Lalaina, I know about it. You were talking to Ella about it and halata ko rin yon. I want you to be happy, okay? Go to him."

I looked back at Jance who was talking to Jake and Carly now. I looked back at Eric and sighed.

"I came to this dance with you, Eric. I won't leave."