Chapter: 29

Kinabukasan ay Linggo. Jance said he would not bother me pero pinuntahan ko siya. I know he hurt me but I also knew that he was easily triggered. Siguro mali ang naging approach ko sa kaniya.

"Laina?" He asked when he saw me.

"Pwede ba akong pumasok?"

He looked at me and nodded. Jance opened the door para makapasok ako. The place looked like a mess...

"Sorry, I was uhm drunk." He explained kaya tinignan ko siya.

"I figured."

Pinagluto ko siya ng mga pagkain and gave him medicine for his headaches.

"Laina, I'm sorry. I know I hurt you pero sana hindi iyon maging rason para maghiwalay tayo." He begged and kneeled in front of me. "Please, hindi na mauulit. I just couldn't control myself, please Laina huwag mo akong iiwan."

He begged and cried like I was going to break up with him.

"Jance, hindi kita hihiwalayan." I answered at pinaupo siya sa tabi ko.

"Sure ka?" He asked at tumango ako. "Well...what is the reason?"

"Jance, I love you. I know about your anger issues and I love you for that. Don't worry okay? Hindi tayo maghihiwalay."

He apologized again and said na it wasn't his intention. He just didn't want to talk about it but I was pushing.

"Sorry din, it was very rude of me." I said. "I should have respected your choice and talked to you once you were ready."

"I don't want to have that conversation with you, baby." He said and pulled me for a hug. "Don't give up on us... Mababaliw ako."

Sa sumunod na mga linggo ay nagtatrabaho na ulit ako at wala akong balita kay Jance. I didn't know if he was late or something, hindi kasi kami sabay pumasok kanina.

Jance asked me if we could eat dinner at his house later kaya pumayag ako. I was going home to my house din naman pero special day namin sa sunod na araw and we were going to be busy.

I was about to go to my next class when the principal stopped me.

"Ma'am Lalaina, may I have a word?" He asked kaya tumigil ako. "It's about Sir Jance."

"What about him?" I asked, waiting for an answer but I'm worried

"Well, you may be aware of the reports about his behaviors...much of which are very disappointing to the campus." He started kaya tumango ako. "I hate to say this especially since both of you get along so well but the university heads want you and Jance to separate until he fixes himself, they want to implement the rule on dating a co-worker again. It would break all faculty or staff relationships up if he doesn't stop his ways."

"Sir, wala po ba si Jance sa klase ngayon?" I asked again.

Lumabas sa isang pinto si Ma'am Sienna, the head of the math department and answered.

"Unfortunately, I checked every room in this campus. G11 Washington has no teacher, they said Jance was their supposed next teacher."

I couldn't believe this. Jance wasn't around again?

Hindi ko napigilang maluha, thinking that this problem must be caused by me. Napalingon ako sa gilid at nakita si Jance na nakatayo doon at gulat na nakatingin sa amin.

"Jance how could you..."

I was very disappointed and hurt. I guess It's time to break my promise to him.

I don't want to break his heart, not another time but he needs to learn.