🥀born to die🎭

Yes this is stolen from a Lana del ray song. Shhh. Requested by vian448! Yeah they're dying. Um. Warning. Oopsie.

The loop was always the same. For both Scythe and Banhammer. Go home, get called to action, fight with one another, get hurt, go back home, and the cycle repeats.

Sometimes Scythe wonders if she's destined to be something more than a criminal. These bargains prove unsuccessful.

Banhammer is just tired, and frankly, he wants to sit down and talk about a solution. Naive Banhammer, his attempts always end in a tail whip to the face.

Deep inside, they both want to be normal. Sadly, they're locked in a fight that will last for who knows how long.

Just like they are now.

Scythe's leg was banged up, having gotten a nasty blow from the warden's gear. She was staggering backwards, firing bullets off at her pursuer.

Concrete beneath her boots slowly turned to gravel, then dirt, then grass. Soon they were in the middle of nowhere near Thieves Den.

Banhammer wasn't giving up this time. Usually, he would've turned back once she started shooting. This time, he felt a burning inside telling him to catch her.

Scythe charged up and shot at Banhammer's torso, not giving him time to react before switching into melee mode and swinging at him.

Banhammer yelled in pain, but raised his hammer to swing back anyway. His blindfold slipped a bit from the mere exertion. He glanced down to his torso and found she had shot a hole right through where his armor was gone. It was bleeding quickly.

Enraged, he flung both of their gears to the side. Launching onto Scythe, he started punching her relentlessly. She scratched back, kicking and screaming profanities.

Inside, Scythe was panicking. He'd never gotten this heated before. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. She was supposed to get away.

Banhammer wrapped a hand around her neck, digging his claws into her unprotected skin. Tears welled in her eye, and she started screaming and gasping for breath.

He wasn't fully immune either. The hole in his stomach was doing numbers on his energy, and his eyelids slightly drooped. Despite his fatigue, he stared into Scythe's eyes and kept scratching, kept punching. He relished in the look on her face, the sheer terror. Another part felt bad, a part he pushed down as far as he could. This was his chance.

Scythe kneed him in the stomach, causing him to recoil in pain. Scythe was bleeding from all over her face and her body in general. She reached up and snatched away Banhammer's blindfold, throwing it aside and looking him in the eyes.

Banhammer fell to the ground beside Scythe, clutching his stomach. Blood was dripping out of his mouth in a small stream. Scythe turned her head to look at him, too tired and weak to get up.

There was a moment of silence, the two simply accepting the fact that at least one of them had to die.

"Fuck you." Scythe smiled weakly, laughing under her breath. "Ya killed me."

"Serves you right." Banhammer rolled his eyes, coughing a few times. Blood splattered out. His eyes lost some of their former shine, the shine Scythe had come to appreciate all of a sudden.

"I'm not goin' out alone. Yer comin' with me, meathead." Scythe's eyes lingered on the pool of blood they were forming on the grass. She reached out a hand to grab one of his horns.

Maybe it was the adrenaline, or maybe it was simply her incoming fate, but she felt almost no energy to hate left in her. It was no use at this point.

"You must be so angry that the last thing you see is my face." Banhammer laughed once. He grew pale, as his breathing slowed.

Scythe took a moment to respond. "Nah. Happy that I get to watch ya finally get hurt, Banny."

There was no response.

"Banny?"

Scythe shook him gently by the horn.

"Don't play dead on me now."

Scythe looked into his unblinking eyes.

"...Yer stupid, yaknow that?"

Her hand fell from it's spot on his horn, resting on his cheek. Her own eyes started to fall closed.

"See ya soon, Banny."

The forest fell silent. Dreadfully, terribly silent. Not a breath was heard from the animals around, or the demons inhabiting it.

Scythe and Banhammer were dead. Their bodies sat in the grass for another day or two before someone found them. Right next to each other, like they always had been.

---
Hrhhhffhghgjhhg puts them in a meat grinder! Here's your angst !!!! Served on a silver platter just for you.