37

I was jolted awake from a very, very bad dream. Too bad that I was like suffocating while sleeping. Phew!

I heaved a deep sigh while gaining back my composure.

I looked at my side and saw Kat's face by the small light that the lamp from the outside is giving through the curtains.

I gently caressed her face and slowly kissed her lips, "I love you, Kat."

•••

"Ba't ka nandito?" She asked while rubbing both of her eyes and yawning.

"Why are you awake?" Balik tanong ko.

"Paghaplos ko sa higaan, wala na akong katabi. Wait, are you drinking?" Naaninag na niya yung sitwasyon ko dito sa sala, kahit walang ilaw. "Why?"

"Nah, just a little. I had a bad dream." I pat the space of the sofa beside me indicating I want her to seat here.

Dahil nga sa di magandang panaganip kanina, sleeping back was not an option. I'm afraid the dream would continue if I sleep again, as if I can sleep.

So I decided to go downstairs and grab some drinks. Pararin mahimasmasan kahit papaano.

Umupo naman ang bata sa tabi ko kahit halatang antok na antok. She placed her head sidewards on my shoulder, yawning. "Ano panaginip mo?" Tanong niya.

Inubos ko lahat ng naiwan na wine sa glass ko bago sumagot, "Masama nga."

She pinched my ear and I almost shouted in pain, "Ano nga sabi?"

Pinitik ko rin ang noo niya, "Masakit yun!" Habang hinimas himas ko ang tengang pinitik niya. "Lalong nawala antok ko, grrr."

I saw sparkle in her eyes while watching me as she flashed her smile, "Ang cute mo, tanda. Mas lalong nakaka inlove."

Kahit may mga ganitong side and usual na ang ganitong pagsasalita, hindi pa rin nawawala ang kilig na nararamdaman ko sa mga banat niya.

I made face in-front of her, "Niloloko mo na naman ako."

"Baliw hindi." And this time, sa ilong niya ako pinitik.

"Ouch!" And this time, I already shouted. "What's with you now you like to pitik pitik me? Grrr!!!" Ewan ko, siguro dahil madaling araw ngayon kaya nagkaka ganito rin ako.

"Ohh, you're being cute now? Bat iba ang epekto kung ang tanda tanda ang nagpapa cute." She teased.

I pouted, "Just now lang naman ihh, pagbigyan mo na." Then showed her my puppy eyes.

Nabigla ako na buong lakas niyang pinisil ang buong pagmumukha ko, "Wag mo kong ginaganito na iinlove ako lalo grrr!" And she pushed me to lay down at the sofa.

"Oy— teka, yung glass." She paused while I placed the glass on the table. When I turned back at her, I mischievously stared at her and grabbed her by her neck. We're only inches apart, me at the bottom while she's on top. "What now, Katarina?"

"Yes, Kisses?" She pronounced my name with full of admiration and in a more mature tone, not the usual tone I encounter everyday. Above all, she said my name in front of my face, sexily...

Urgh...

I can't resist this.

My heart is pounding so loud.

Regardless how my mind is telling me not to do stupid things because of how complicated the situation is, but the only thing that matters right at this moment is my love for her...

And I won't let my bad dream to happen in reality.

But in reality, I am fully aware that it is unfortunate that "that" dream is more likely to happen.

So before it does, Kat deserves to hear the truth and I as well deserve to be heard...

"I love you, Kat."

And finally! Nasabi ko na sa wakas! Holy moly, I don't know if I am exaggerating but for Pete's sake, my heart is so full and floating— is this what they are calling as cloud 9?

I really don't know how should I feel after confessing but right now, naiiyak ako. Naiiyak ako sa tuwa! Sa saya!

Geez, I am now sobbing... is this still normal?

Naka recover na ako't lahat lahat pero yung kausap ko parang tanga lang at naging statwa.

"S-should I take back what I said?" I curiously asked and slowly let go of my arms embracing her. I snapped my fingers in front of her, "Is Katarina still on earth?" Tanong ko ulit.

"A-am I dreaming?" She finally gasped for an air and talked.

I smiled, sweetly, "No, sweetie. Sabi ko I love you."

I can't believe ganito yung magiging reaction niya. For how many times she wanted me to hear those 3 words to the point nagtatampo siya and minsan naman inaawayan namin but here she is, literal na speechless.

Wala pa rin siyang reaction kaya hinalikan ko na. She did not even respond so I bit her lip while kissing her.

"Aray tanda!" Wow, bumalik ang ulirat niya.

"Sinabihan ka lang ng I love you, naging ano ka na diyan."

"Do you really mean it?"

"Hundred percent po." Reassuring her.

"Parinig nga ulit?" Request niya.

"I... love... you!" Pa cute kong sambit.

"Aghhhh tandaaaa!!!" Then she hugged me! Paiyak din akong nag hug back.

Our foreheads met, eyes set to each other, while we slowly moved our lips to meet for a kiss.

We already kissed for a hundred times but I must say, the tenderness and the passion hit differently tonight.

Iba, ibang-iba talaga. Yung feeling na umaapoy sa pagmamahal at lalo kang ginaganahan.

Right there and then, we did it again.

"Kat!" Sigaw ko nang nasa rurok na ako ng kaligayahan... "I love you, Kat..."

•••

Kinabukasan, ako na naman etong nagising at nagtaka bakit wala na akong katabi sa higaan. I get up and wore my robe.

I came downstairs to look for her at nung nakita ko yung sofa sa sala, I paused for a moment and recalled what had happened.

I cannot contain the happiness remembering that moment kaya napahawak ako sa dibdib ko.

Ang saya ko, napakasaya ko!

Pagkatapos ay pumunta na ako sa kusina at nakitang may mga masasarap na pagkain sa table.

Wow?

Is she celebrating for the confession I made? Haha!

She wasn't aware of my presence here in the kitchen while she's doing something so I tiptoed going near her and surprised her with a back hug!

"Here you are!" I whispered in her ear. Naramdaman kong nabigla siya at akmang magsasalita when I interrupted her. I kissed her nape and hugged her more tightly. "What's with the food served on the table? It's not your birthday and definitely not mine, are we celebrating or something?"

"A-actually—"

"Aha! Sinabihan ka lang ng I love you, nag handa ka pa talaga." At tumawa.

Nasa ganitong posisyon kami nang may biglang nagsalita sa likuran namin.

"Surprise, love! I'm home!"