Lips

Walker loved Leah's lips, some might even say he had an unhealthy obsession with her lips.

He loves how whenever she's focused on something her mouth slightly hung open. The way she bites her lip when she's nervous and the natural pout she has on her resting face.

He loves every bit of it.

One time over the weekend he'd gone over Leah's house to hangout. He was in cali for spring break so he thought why not hangout with his friend.

They were talking about something lord knows he wasn't listening to a word she was saying, too busy staring at her lips. He took note of the red tinted lip gloss she had on, he wondered if it was watermelon or cherry flavored.

Her lips looked so soft and shiny he wondered what they'd feel like pressed against his. They were sitting on her bed face to face and he hadn't realized how close they were. How easily he could lean forward and close the gap between them.

His hand subconsciously rests on Leah's thigh but she doesn't seem to mind as she continues her chatter about whatever.

He's seriously wondering what flavor of lipgloss she's wearing. His conscious tells him that if he leaned forward he'd get a better idea of what flavor she had on.

So of course he listens to his conscience. What could go wrong?

Leaning forward he captures Leah's lips with his own. He indicates that her gloss is definitely cherry flavored. He groans savoring the taste and feel of her plump lips. The kiss is hungrier than he intended but he couldn't help himself. His arm moves to wrap around her waist, pulling her closer and deepening the kiss.

  Leah's hand travels to the nape of Walker's neck pulling him impossibly closer.

She's alluring. Heavenly almost.

He can't get enough of her.

He pulls away feeling dazed.

Slowly opening his eyes he realizes he's back in reality.

Looking at Leah her shoulders are tense, her face is red and she's short of breath. She's leaning back on her hands staring at Walker with a dark enticing look in her eyes.

What. The. Fuck. Is. Wrong. With. Me.

Is all he can think.

It doesn't take long for his face to turn red. He's thinking of all the ways to make sense of what he just did but can't do it.

They stare at each other for a long period of time, tension thick in the air.

He opens his mouth to speak but is quickly cut off when Ms.Jeffries opens the door to tell him his mom is here to pick him up. He wasted no time in gathering his things and leaving her room with a sharp "bye" in Leah's direction.

More than anything he's embarrassed. Not of the kiss itself but of his reaction. His brain completely shut down the second he pulled away. He doesn't know if he'll ever be able to face Leah again after the stunt he just pulled.

A part of him knows he meant to kiss her but refuses to acknowledge it.

He just hope he has the courage to face her again

(And not kiss her this time).