Selcouth

The silence in the living area of Pradhan Mansion was deafening. Everyone was stunned and rooted to the place at what just transpired.

The media had circulated a video suggesting that Adi had committed a sexual assault against Naina. To make matters worse, Naina's reaction in the video seemed to confirm the accusations, casting Adi as the perpetrator.

Adi was stunned. It wasn't him. Someone had trapped him.

Never in his wildest dreams did he think that a day would come where someone will accuse him of such a heinous act, given his history of goodwill and kindness towards others. He felt trapped and helpless, surrounded by accusatory stares.

He then turned towards his family and found Amma trying to hide her face from everyone, Monty Bhaiyya was behind her with similar expressions and his own father had a questioning look on his face. No one said anything.

No one believed in him.

Petrified, he gulped. The walls began caving in and his breath stuck when he felt someone slide a hand in his and gave it a squeeze.

'Bansu!' Adi's mind, heart, soul and his entire being rejoiced.

Finding some courage, Adi turned sideways to look at Kavya and as always, found her already looking at him with reassurance and the same unwavering support in her eyes.

🎶 Kaise mujhe tum mil gayi
Kismat pe aaye naa yaqeen 🎶

'Humne kuch nahi kia Bansu. Trust me.' His eyes conveyed.

Kavya just nodded at him and was about to say something when the two of them were surrounded by the media.

'You got this, Adi. Just speak your truth and hold your ground.' Kavya conveyed through her eyes, gave his hand another squeeze and received a nod back from him.

Sighing, Adi braced himself for the questions when he felt Kavya caressing her thumb on his hand in a soothing gesture.

🎶 Utar aayi jheel mein jaise chand utarta hai kabhi
Haule haule dheere se 🎶

"Ap iss baare mei kuch kehna chaheingy? Kia ye sach hai?"

"Bilkul nahi. Iss video mei koi sachai nahi hai aur baqi baat hum court mei kareingy."

"Apko lagta hai yeh opposition party ki koi ginhoni chaal hai?"

"Ho sakti hai."

Adi remained composed as he answered more questions, but the next one caught him off guard.

"Ap kahi opposition party ko blame kar ke apni PA se apne sharirik sambandh chupana tou nahi chah rahe?"

Infuriated, Adi was on the brink of lashing out at the press for such an insensitive question, but Kavya, gripping his arm with her free hand, restrained him.

"Ma'am apka kia kehna hai iss baare mei? Haal hi mai apke pati ne apko jail bhijwaya tha..kahi isliye hi tou nahi ke woh apni PA ke sath sharirik sambandh mei thy aur apko pata chal gaya tha?"

Adi thought the previous question was insensitive, but this new, invasive query aimed at Kavya was even worse. It rendered him speechless and left him baffled.

'What if Kavya believes...' Adi began panicking.

"Apko nahi lagta aap bina saboot Adi pe shak kar rahe hai aur itne ginhone sawal pooch rahe hai. Uss video mei woh admi jo bhi hai uski shakal bilkul nahi dikh rahi tou ap yeh kasie keh sakte hai ke woh Adi hi hai. Aur jaisa ke Adi ne kaha, sach hum court mei prove kar deingy. Ab aap jaa sakte hai." Kavya shut the press up good. She then signaled Sanjeev to shoo away the press and instantly got onto finding proves of his innocence along with Sanjeev.