Gained eachothers trust

One week into the project on making you Pickle's partner went smoothly.
Every day, you would secretly come in the arena and with Tokugawa,Payne and Strydum observing you from above,you would sit in the arena far away from Pickle.Each day passed you would slightly go closer to him from the last spot you sat.

Pickle was very happy,but he always remained on the same spot,on the other side of the ring.He was a bit frustrated,you never moved from the spot you sat on,even though every day it was a different one,you would only sit there and look at him from time to time.

Maybe his eyes scared you?,that's why you couldn't keep eyecontact with him?That's what he assumed,so he would try avoiding looking at you.Only took small glances whenever you looked away.

But Pickle's curiosity and love for you only grew,he wanted you to approach him and touch him,even if it was just the tip of your finger.

As if that wasn't his only problem, Pickle was getting hungrier and hungrier every day,he wouldn't eat anything unless it attacked him.That showed the true warrior he was.

Today, Pickle's mouth was dripping sulaiva,he hadn't ate or drank for a whole week.Once you arrived into the arena early in the morning,Payne stopped you from going inside and told you to sit with them.Someone else would be accompanying Pickle today.

.

.

.

"What?You mean you're going to replace me!?",you said feeling disappointed as you looked at Pickle sitting on the same spot where he sat yesterday from above.

"No Y/n,it's just that today is a bit different.It will be temporarily,just wait and see.Entering the arena right now is one of the strongest animals alive on earth".

"What!Why would you bring a dangerous animal like that for Pickle Payne San! Pickle will get hurt!"

"You will see!,and don't worry about him getting hurt.We're sure he'll be fine.Lets not forget that he fought and hunted dinosaurs!",Tokugawa reassured you but you still didn't like that idea.

"Y/n...,ever since we brought Pickle here he won't eat anything he hasn't found and killed himself".

"Extraordinary right?", Tokugawa laughed but it only annoyed both you and Payne.

"He's extraordinnary yeah,but that's our problem,Tokugawa.We've tried putting various strong animal species this morning before you came Y/n,some of the strongest animals alive on earth!A Spanish bull,Kamchatka brown bear,even a lion! But all of them..,as soon as they saw Pickle..They are run away just by looking at him!I had never seen a lion with its tail between it's legs before until now!So disappointing..",Payne sighed and you could only stare at Pickle sitting in the distance in shock.

"But do not fear!, because we still have one last contestant!",Tokugawa cut the silence as he pointed at the arenas enterance where the fighters enter the ring.

"We paid a fortune for it ,but I guess that's what you pay for buying an endangered specie like this..", Strydum looked at the direction Tokugawa was pointing and so did you out of curiosity.

"It hasn't eaten for five days,it's primed and ready to go!A Siberian tiger!"

"That is massive!SCARY!",you watched as the hungry tiger made its way into the arena and locked it's hungry eyes on Pickle,it roared before taking a stance ready to lunge at him on any moment.You watched anxiously hoping Pickle would win.