CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"Zima ! Good, you're back," I pant and kick my heels to the side as I enter the apartment, greeted with the bored stare of the Winter Soldier. "Should we discuss how tomorrow evenings gonna go down?"

I quickly walk to the fridge and grab one of the white boxes and a fork and join the soldier at the kitchen table, plopping myself in the chair opposite of him. I look up at him waiting for a response as I open up the box and shovel food into my mouth. The man looks with a frown at me for a moment, and then gets up from the table and walks towards a stack of papers on the coffee table and grabs them along with a small bag that stood on top of it. He walks back towards the kitchen table and displays the files and the bag in front of me. He pushes the small bag forwards, gesturing that it's for me.

"You bought me a gift?" I say with a mouth full and smirk. "Darling, you shouldn't have."

The soldier just continues to stare at me while I lay my fork down and reach for the bag. I open it up and look inside, not sure what to expect. Reaching into it and my hand makes contact with the softest fabric I have ever felt in my entire life. I make eye contact with the soldier, my face displaying a confused look as I reveal the garment, pulling it out of the bag.

"You're kidding," I scoff and let a gorgeous black satin dress with diamond straps fall down as I hold it up. "How am I going to fight in this."

"Stick to the plan and raise no suspicions," the soldier finally replies in a monotone voice.

"Right..." I roll my eyes at his automated response. "And that mission is what, exactly?"

I put the dress back into the bag and continue eating my food, whilst the soldier reaches into the paper pile and reveals a few blueprints of the Stark Tower with details written and drawn on them.

"For most of the night you will be here," he points to one of the maps. "You'll join the crowd and keep an eye on Tony Stark. Don't let him leave, and wait for my signal."

He looks up at me to see if I'm listening, and I nod while still eating my noodles.

"I'll break in via here," he points at another map. "And make my way to one of the basement levels where the substance will be transported from. The substance is currently held under strict observation in one of the higher security labs, here." He points at the different blueprints and motions the route. "As soon as you hear my signal, make your way down to the lab and locate the substance. Keep a low profile and help ensure Stark doesn't intervene or pause the transportation, since the level of security will drastically increase as soon as he's alerted."

He traces the route on the map from the lab to the elevator and down to the loading docks. "As soon as the substance is out for delivery I'll handle the rest," he says with a serious face. "Get out as fast as you can and do not wait for me. HYDRA will have a car ready to pick you up a block away from the building. I will join shortly after."

"And why would I do that?" I raise an eyebrow at his request. "I've done this before. I can help. I can fight."

"Not like this, Ten ," he replies in a serious tone. "Do not underestimate them-"

"The plan is a little shit," I cut him off.

"What?" He spews back at me.

"Sorry," I shrug at him. "It's a little shit."

"Please enlighten me," he leans forward slowly, his voice laced with sarcasm. "How would you do it?"

"Instead of waiting, we go in separately, meet together at the bio lab, take down the cute scientist men and steal it before it even reaches transportation," I say nonchalant.