Chapter 11: Contract Buddies

——Sammy——

——Sammy——

|Contracts:

-A new contract is now active.

Vincent signed... not that the possibility of death has ever stopped him before.

"Dammit, he actually signed?" Sean said, his eyes looking at the notification his phone received. "I'm really stuck with him now?" His complaints veiled as questions continued as I tuned him out. Despite my focus directed at my phone, I could feel his worried gaze watching me as his whining carried on. 

Not wanting to hear it anymore, I spoke, "It'll be fine. At least that's what Vincent will say." I scrolled through the sea of comments as Sean paced about the kitchen. 

"Oh god, what's his definition of fine?" His footsteps raced about the tiled floor. Occasionally, his body would enter the periphery of my vision as I wrote replies. On his third passing by, he stopped before me and my eyes darted up from my phone. "Seriously, what does he see as fine?" My phone pinged, drawing my focus away from him.

One of my tier three subs, better not ignore them.

"Uh, hello?" As my keys clicked and clacked, a nervous whine escaped Sean. He waved his hand in front of my face. "I was talking to you!" Sean's attempts to get my attention continued to play out as I sent the reply.

I let out a sigh, my eyes locked with his. "Whatever you're currently thinking falls well below the reality of it." With his question addressed, he went towards the living room.

Vincent, where are you? Samara told me she'd have you ready to come get this guy. Come to think of it, the one that should be with me is missing as well. I pray he's less anxious.

A buzz sounded from the front door and refused to stop as it grated on our ears. Whoever was out there refused to let go of the buzzer. I raised my head from the screen and watched as Sean passed by the opening in the kitchen to the entrance hallway.

"Okay!" Sean said, as the noise stopped, another buzz went off from outside the condo.

"Nico, where have you been? You were supposed to be here half an hour ago!" Sean took a step back when he came into view of the opening.

"Sean, just relax," a burly hand clamped down onto his shoulder and shook him lightly. "You're freaking yourself out. It's gonna be fine." His voice was calm, but his word choice had only panicked Sean further.

"Nico, I don't even know what that is right now!" Sean threw the hands off his shoulders then made his way into the kitchen. "Besides, you get the emotionally dead one!" His hand pointed to me when the larger man stood in the doorway. His amber eyes narrowed at me. 

He closed the gap between us as he towered over me. "Is this the one that messed with Cassie?" Nico's eyes took on a yellow hue, his powerful arms flexed as he balled his fists. Nico planted a hand on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes at his intimidation tactic and watched him, unfazed and unimpressed. His anger peaked as he leaned inwards. The unfettered strands of his long, tied back hair swayed to the side as he leaned forward, leaving our faces inches apart.