Part 9

Another month apart. Elliot was filled with rage, anger, jealousy. God, he wanted her. And for some strange, unbeknownst reason that Elliot couldn't figure out, they were going to a bar. All of them. Both squads. Olivia was going to be in front of him, in a dress, drinking alcohol, in a bar full of drunk men that would no doubt have their eyes on her. It was going to be hell. Luckily for him he got to the bar early and finished off two glasses of scotch before Liv walked in the door. In a little black dress. And six inch black heels. God, they would look good wrapped around his waist. Or neck. She was all smiles as she entered the bar, her long brown hair flowing around her shoulders as she moved through the bar. Like an angel in hell, walking through fire or rather, playing with fire.
"Hey Liv" Amanda smiled, hugging her tightly. Liv's eyes met El's over her shoulder briefly before she dropped them again.
"Here Liv, this one's for you" Fin smiled, handing her a drink, she gulped it down quickly before she placed the empty glass back onto the table top.
"Come on Liv, let's dance" Amanda tugged her to the dancefloor and Liv went willingly. Elliot gulped down another drink, earning a look from Anaya.
"You might want to slow down" She warned him.
"Believe me. I need at least four more to get through this" He warned, his eyes drifting over to the dance floor where Liv was smiling, laughing and dancing with Amanda. Then a guy moved behind her, his hand going to her waist as their eyes met, she shrugged at him and they started dancing.
"Woah, the Cap's definitely enjoying herself" Bruno laughed, as all of their eyes went to Liv and where she was dancing with the man. Elliot bit back his distain and downed another shot as he watched Liv wrap her arms around his neck as they danced. She was smiling, laughing, touching another man and that made his blood boil.
"Let her have some fun" Fin told him with a look that told him not to go over there and knock him out. Elliot grunted in response, his eyes going back to Olivia and where she was kissing the man that she didn't even know.
"What the fuck!?" Elliot grunted, going to move when Anaya and Carisi caught his arms.
"Leave her be" Carisi told him.
"I didn't think that she had the balls to do that in front of you" Fin smirked into his glass. The rest of the night continued with Elliot glaring at Olivia but more specifically the man that she was making out with and dancing with. He watched as they moved to a booth, and his blood was practically molten when the guys hand went to her knee, sneaking under the hem of her dress. Each time his hand inched higher Elliot took another shot of scotch. She had a disgustingly wide smile on her face, her head close to his as they talked and shared kisses. She didn't push his hand away, at least not until he reached the scar that he knew was on her thigh. Her eyes went wide as his looked confused, obviously wondering how she could've gotten two keys burned into her thigh, but the spark in Liv's eyes had already faded beyond repair. Liv got up from the booth and moved back to her friends, her smile long gone.
"What happened?" Elliot asked, his blood boiling, this time out of anger.
"What always happens, reality set in" Elliot went to move, intending on breaking his jaw for ever thinking of Olivia as anything but beautiful, but Liv caught his arm.
"El, don't. Just take me home, please" She begged lightly, and Elliot nodded, following her out of the bar.
They took a cab back to Liv's apartment and when he followed her upstairs she didn't stop him. She stopped in the hallway by her door and searched for her keys in her purse.
"What he did-"
"Forget it" She sighed with a shake of her head.
"I won't Liv. I can't"
"El" She sighed. He moved over to her, taking her hips before he backed her against the wall "El" She repeated but he didn't stop until he had her trapped between him and the wall.
"You don't know how badly I want to worship you, Olivia. Every inch of you. Every scar. Every burn"
"El-" Her breathy little sound didn't dissuade him.
"I would do it right here right now but I know that your son is asleep inside and I want to hear every little noise you make for me"
"So take me to your apartment" Liv had managed to build up enough strength to be able to say those words without the slightest hint of breathlessness in her voice. She meant business.
"I can't"
"You won't" He frowned deeply "I'm right here El, asking you to touch me, to kiss me, to make me yours, and you won't. Why? Why are you pulling away from me? What scared you when I told that I love-"
"Stop" He pulled away from her completely, running his hands over the stubble on the top of his head.
"You've said it to me, in front of your kids, in the letter that your wife wrote to me. I know what you feel but the minute I tell you that I feel the same way you start pulling away from me. Stealing kisses in hallways and whispering in my ear about how you would screw me. That's not enough for me, El. I want all of you, the wondering when you'll be home at night, the waking up beside you. I want to walk into the policeman's gala with my detective on my arm, telling me how beautiful I look at what you'll do to me when we get home. I want a life!" Liv couldn't stop her voice breaking that time or the tear that spilled from her eye. He caught sight of it and she wiped it away angrily "I already walked away from a man that I loved, I don't want to do it again. I can't do it again"
"I'm sorry" He sighed.
"I would take the stolen kisses and the whispers if my heart wasn't already so broken. I would even take them if I thought your mind was going to change but I don't think that it will" She moved to enter her apartment but he stopped her.
"Liv" He caught her wrist, gently pulling her back towards him, his lips going to her ear "I want to give you the world. But I can't" Whatever was left of her heart shattered before she slammed their lips together. He couldn't give her what she wanted and yet, Liv still thought that she could change his mind, and he almost did. Her body pressed against his, her hands wandering over his head and shoulders, his own gripping her waist as he moved to press her back against the nearest wall. His hand was wandering again, going under the hem of her dress before he started moving up her thigh, his warm, calloused fingers gliding against her soft skin. She moaned against his mouth, nibbling on his bottom lip. She expected him to stop at her scar like last time but his hand kept his path going upwards, higher and higher until the tips of his fingers grazed the side of her panties. She gasped then, throwing her head back against the wall, her body on fire because of his touch.
Then the sound of a door opening forced them apart. Liv was still adjusting her skirt when her babysitters head appeared in the doorway to her apartment.
"Oh hi Liv. I heard a noise, I can go back inside if I'm interrupting-"
"No Katie, you're not interrupting anything" Liv smiled but El could see the young woman's eyes darting between Liv's lips and his, he was definitely wearing her lipstick but he didn't care "Goodbye Elliot" Liv muttered, barely looking at him before she went inside her apartment, closing the door behind her. If that was their goodbye kiss, it was a damn good one. But the ache in his heart wasn't going to leave anytime soon.