Part 10

Yet another agonizing month apart. And this time it was Elliot's birthday. His kids called and invited her and once again Liv gritted her teeth and accepted. Luckily for her, she ran into David Haden earlier that week and he agreed to be her plus one. She wore a red wrap dress that showed off enough cleavage to make anyone drool at the sight.
The second that she entered the bar Elliot's eyes were on her, but more specifically on the man whose arm she had hold of. She could practically see his blood boiling.
"David, it's good to see you again" Fin smiled, shaking his hand.
"It's good to see you again too Fin" He smiled back before he turned to Elliot "Happy birthday Elliot" He outstretched his hand for him to shake but Elliot didn't take it.
"I wish I could say the same" He muttered into his scotch glass, earning a glare from Liv as David chuckled at him, not knowing how true his statement was.
"I'll get you a glass of wine, Liv" David smiled, his hand skimming her waist as he left. Elliot's eyes not missing the movement. He scoffed into his glass, earning a glare from Liv.
"What?"
"You bought a date? Seriously?"
"I'm single, why shouldn't I hook up with an old friend?" Elliot practically spat his drink out when the words 'hook up' left her mouth.
"Hook up?" He repeated, his eyes boring into hers.
"I'm single" She repeated, like those words meant anything to him. David returned and Liv's eyes went to him, a wide smile stretching across her lips as she took the glass from him.
That's how the rest of the night progressed, Liv smiling at David, him smiling back at her, Elliot glaring at them both. She danced with him, smiled at him, held his hand. Everything made his blood boil, and every time he felt like marching over there he took another swig of his scotch. He was four glasses in when David left Liv to go to the bathroom. Elliot took the opportunity and moved to Liv, his arm snaking around her waist.
"What are we doing here Olivia?" There it was again. Her name, not her nickname.
"I thought that was perfectly clear"
"Why did you bring him?"
"What you're really asking is, have I screwed him yet"
"And?" Olivia scoffed.
"Not yet, but I remember that he likes me in black lace" She shot back, moving to leave when he pulled her right back into his chest.
"That was me Liv, or have you already forgotten me?" Liv searched for something to say but her mind stayed blank "Dump him. Let's sneak out of here" Liv placed her hands on his chest and gently pushed him away from her.
"No Elliot" The sound of his name and not his nickname sobered him up "I'm tired of waiting for someone who refuses to love me back. Now it's your turn to watch me love someone else" She moved away from him as David left the bathroom, she wrapped her arms around him and the pair began dancing. Elliot moved back over to the other, his head hung low as he picked up his scotch glass.
"What happened?" Kathleen asked.
"She rejected me" El muttered before he took a sip of his drink.
"What did she say?" Fin asked.
"She said 'now it's your turn to watch me love someone else'"
"Oh shit" Kathleen let out without realizing as Elliot gulped down the rest of his drink.
Denying love sucked.
Elliot was now ten scotches in. He was drunk. Drunk enough to get up from his seat and march over to where Olivia was wrapped up in David's arms.
"Elliot, what are you doing?" Liv snapped as David's arms dropped from her, only to be replaced by Elliot's strong arm around her waist.
"I missed you" He was drunk, and she could tell by the way his words slurred slightly and the way that his leant some of his weight on her. She was surrounded by the smell of him and scotch, a dangerous combination when it came to Elliot Stabler.
"How much have you had to drink?"
"More than enough to please you" He smirked but Liv scowled up at him.
"I'm taking you home" Elliot smirked wider at that "I'm putting you to bed and then I'm leaving" He frowned dramatically.
"Do you want me to drive?" David offered.
"No, you should get back to Emily" He nodded.
"Emily?" Elliot asked, glancing down at her before his eyes darted to her breasts and back to her eyes again.
"His fiancé" Elliot laughed loudly as Liv started to walk them out of the bar.
"You tricked me"
"No, I played you at your own game" She shot back, hauling his heavy frame out of the bar.
Liv called a cab and on the short ride over to his apartment, his hands kept wandering over to her bare legs but she kept pushing his hand away. And when the cab stopped she hauled him up and helped him inside. As Liv worked on unlocking the door Elliot hands landed on her hips and his lips went to her neck.
"Elliot" She muttered breathlessly, trying to focus on the task at hand. Elliot slipped on hand over hers.
"Together" He lifted her hand and slid the key into the lock whilst muttering into her ear "All the way in" They twisted the key together and Liv practically fell through the door, her legs felt like mush. Liv turned and watched his eyes darken. He stepped into the apartment, closing the door behind him, without taking his eyes off Liv for a second.
"You're drunk" Liv backed up further into the apartment.
"My tongue still works" Liv felt a shudder run through her. He took the opportunity to grab hold of her, one arm surrounding her waist whilst the other threaded through her hair.
"You're drunk" She repeated.
"Not too drunk"
"No El" He sighed loudly. His hand dropped from her hair and Liv helped him into his bedroom, she sat him on the edge before she got on her knees, he let out a grunt above her "That's not happening" She warned him before she started removing his shoes, once she was done he helped her up but instead of releasing her he pulled her on top of him before he rolled on top of her "We are not having sex Elliot" He nuzzled her neck, placing kisses along her jaw.
"I know. I just want to convince you to stay"
"El-"
"Please. I just want to forget for a minute that I can't love you. I want to forget that I do love you. Because I do love you Liv..." Liv glanced down at El who was now fast asleep, his head pressed against her breast.
"Okay. I'll stay. Because I love you too, no matter how big of an idiot you are" She muttered before she wrapped her arms around him, holding him close to her as she too closed her eyes.