The One With A Lot Of Fake Outs

Claire tuned the signal device and put it in the port. There was a whirr and the power kicked back on, revealing a place Harry never wanted to see again. They were in a lab with open space in the middle and tables attached to the walls with various equipment on them. There was a half glass wall on the right with a side door in the corner. On the other side of the glass was a room with a patient chair and various medical machines and equipment. 

Leon noticed that Harry was standing by the glass wall, staring at the room with the chair.

"Is everything ok?" He asked and Harry shook himself.

"It's fine, I just never thought I would be back here." Harry answered. "Come on, that room has a door that leads deeper into William and Annette's lab."

They walked through the side door. 

"Leon look at this." Claire pointed at the wall around the door. "All the walls are reinforced but the doors even more so."

"That's my fault, this was my room after all." Harry spoke up.

Claire and Leon turned to look at Harry. He was staring at a side table full of syringes and packaged needles. They floated up and into Harry's hands.

"I'm throwing these into that endless looking pit in the void when we get out of here." He said.

Harry led the way to another side door and through a locker room. Then there was a giant room with an elevated walkway. Then a chamber that sprayed them with water and then used some kind of mist to dry them. Finally the doors opened into the main lab, there was various giant test tubes lining the wall and a closed container. Leon walked up to the container and tried to open it but it was locked.

"Damnit." He said.

"Wait." Claire looked at the symbol on the case around an indent and pulled Sherry's pendant out of her pocket. She filled it over, revealing the same symbol on the back of the necklace. Claire put the pendant in the indent. There was a click and the container opened, revealing rows of clear cylinders with different coloured liquid. Claire took one of the tubes of yellowish liquid labeled 'Anti-Viral Agent' and Leon grabbed one of the reddish ones labeled 'G Sample'.

"Great," Claire said, "now I need to get back to Sherry."

"Removal of a level 4 virus detected." An automated voice informed them. "Self destruct countdown initiating."

Leon grabbed some of the extra supplies in the lab to share between them and the three left the lab. It was a tense run back to where they were. They were across the elevated platform when there was an enormous crash and William's mutated form broke through the ceiling in the centre of the room. Leon raised his Lightning Hawk (magnum) in one hand and pushed Harry behind him with the other. Claire raised her submachine gun.

"Your ass again!?" Claire yelled at William.

The door behind them opened and Annette limped forward.

"This ends now, William." She said.

Annette was holding a custom pistol with a capsule in it. She shot the gun and it splashed William with what looked like one of the acid rounds from Claire's grenade launcher. William's mutated form groaned in pain and fell to the floor, steaming.

"You called this thing William, why?" Leon asked.

"That thing was my husband." Annette said, she was staring at it like she couldn't believe what she did. "We developed G together but a team of soldiers invaded the lab last night. They were after G and wanted to capture William too but they shot him when he tried to protect himself. They shot a bunch of T samples in the process and it escaped into the sewers. When I got there William used one of the samples of G they left behind to try to save himself from dying. I should have shot him then and there but I couldn't bring myself to do it."