01 - Bear with me !

It's dark and cold

It's dark and cold.. and cramped! I tried moving
around but wherever I stayed in was tight. I panicked and charged forward then..

Fell out of a- a locker?

I was thankful that I was able to catch myself with my hands but my face felt like it was on fire. An exploding pain spread all throughout my body and a squirmed on the floor in agony.

"GAH! ouch ouch.. owieeee" I softly groaned. At least I was awake and out that locker. When the pain subsided a bit, I slowly picked myself up from off of the floor and looked around the room.

Where am I?

On the wall behind me was a weird looking screen that illuminated green and above it was some sort of speaker. In the front of the room were rows of desks. So, I'm in a classroom? I don't remember going to school.. What kinda of school has barbed wire on the windows?

"Did I get kidnapped? Kidnapped and brought to school? I haven't missed that many days!" I hissed. Is this some sort of karma?

I continued to observe the room, though there wasn't much to observe and finally noticed a door. A way out! I rushed towards the door, which I shouldn't have shoved myself against. It wasn't locked or anything..

"THERE YOU ARE YOU BASTARD!" I had no time to even collect myself before a huge transformer looking mech stood in front of me.
As much as I wanted to curse, my mouth couldn't form words. Instead, I ran the other way full speed.

I hit many rights and lefts in the rundown maze of what seems to be a school before coming across some stairs. " this is so not convenient..!" I complain, but run down them regardless.

When I reached the bottom, another mech stood in front of me. You gotta be kidding me! I acted quick and ran the other way. I took many turns and kept running down hallways until I found a door. I rammed into full force but it didn't budge.

Meanwhile, another transformer appeared in the hallway overgrown with plants and grass. "What do you want from meee?!" I whined and continued to run in the opposite direction. While I kept running, I saw another door. Like before, I ran into the door with all my strength.

And it opened. It opened and I was met with a sight I'd never expect.

"Oh.. another person?"

"Did you get chased by that monster too?"

I didn't answer and just stared in confusion. Who were these people?

"Okay so that makes 17.." A green haired guy caught my attention.

"17 what?.." I cautiously asked.

"Us. There's 17 of us— all high schoolers. What could that mean..?"

Huh? I don't remember going to school with these people.. I'm in high school? Since when did I get here?

"Hm.. probably wondering who we all are, huh?" The same guy spoke to me. "I'm Rantaro Amami. Let's leave it at that for now."