05 - Killing School Semester

" Kept you bastards waiting, huh!?"

"Everyone, make your way to the gym please"

"The opening ceremony can finally begin!"

"Phew! We finally finished our preparations!"

..

"...You do realize you just read your lines backwards, don't you?"

"So long! Bear-well!"

"Gym? Opening ceremony?" Kaede repeated what was just said on screen.

" Guys...what should we do?" Shuichi asked.

I don't care what happens anymore. I'm tired and I don't know when the last time I ate was! My adrenaline has gone down so now I need a break. I'm too tired to be scared anymore. I want to figure out what's going on, for sure! But this is all too much...

"Look, I don't care what we do anymore" I intervened the silence. "I just want this to be over with so I can go to sleep"

"O-okay! We're going to the gym. Everyone else is probably doing the same thing"

"True, but-"

"Shut up and go already, Shuichi!"

...

The three of us briskly made our way to the gym. I tried not to complain on the way there. When we went in, everyone was there. All of us ultimates in the same room. Something feels strange... but I'm probably getting delirious.

Everyone talked among themselves about things related to what was happening, but not related at the same time. I stayed quiet after finding I had to energy to talk. It felt painful. I'm a party person, I'm supposed to be talkative! But if I tried, I think I'd just mutter out a whole buncha nonsense.

Everyone's attention was called back when mechanical humming could be heard. Not much longer after the noise, 5 transformer-looking robots leaped out of nowhere in front of us.

"Yoo-hoo! Rise and shine, ursine!" They said in unison. All the questions about the robots were quickly answered. The monokubs were the monsters! Everyone, except for a handful, was stricken with panic. Trust me, I would've lost my mind too if I wasn't so drained.

"Alright, chill out, no need to panic...We're probably not in any danger" A familiar lazy voice spoke out. Yeah, that's gotta be Rantaro. I couldn't forget that weirdo even if I wanted to.

"If they wanted to kill us, they'd have done it by now"

He said while casually walking up to the exisal. That thing will crush him if he tries anything dumb... he knows that, right?

"Rantaro! our hero..." I sarcastically said. I was trying to be funny but I only got another side-eye from him. " So...what do you want from us? You clearly want something, that's what the guns are for, right? Let me guess. You're gonna force us to do something, and if we don't, we get hurt" He poked at the mechs. Maybe he lost his common sense along with his memory.