06 - Trial and Error

We arrived at the back of the school where Gonta had told us the manhole was

We arrived at the back of the school where Gonta had told us the manhole was. Eventually, Shuichi and Kaede showed up. I was relieved to see them. Gonta guided us to the manhole and everyone began their regular talk session before we opened it. Keebo tried to open the cover to no avail.

"Oh, then allow Gonta" the burly guy got closer to the golden cover. I wasn't surprised at how easily he picked it up but with two fingers?! And then he only said, "Upsy-daisy" like he picked up a cookie or something. Himiko selfishly took credit for opening the manhole because she "used her magic on Gonta." I have a feeling I'm gonna get tired of this magic stuff real soon.

We went down after a bit more chatter, mostly the concern of the Monokubs not showing up. The area down below was spacious and the air was humid and sticky. The only light source we had was from the hole we entered. The place made for a good rave venue. Rantaro noticed a suspiciously convenient "exit" sign next to some passageway.

"Wow.. such a hard find" I sarcastically stated.

"Yeah, it's weird someone went out of their way to write 'exit'"

Though we were all visibly unsure of this exit, Kaede broke through our nerves with her positivity. "It looks a bit dangerous, but we're all ultimates here! As long as we work together, everything will work out just fine!"

Everyone agreed with her statement. Kaito agreed a little too much and asked dear Kaede for a hug, which he got turned down. I guess we will have to think on the brighter side if we wanna get out of here, but I'm like really unsure about whatever is gonna go on.

Everyone prepared themselves to go in the tunnel. I was thinking of just staying back, but what if there really was an exit? What if I get stuck here because I was too scared? Why do I have to make decisions like this? I'm not made for escaping anything else but the police!

Wait.. that might actually come in handy if I go.

"Are you okay, (name)?" Kaede asked. Again, I must've looked shaken up. I probably look like an idiot right now. Stop being so expressive!

"Yeah, I'm good. Just not so sure about this"

"We'll be fine, I promise" she reassuringly grinned "Let's just try it out to see what we're getting ourselves into!"

"Will we even live to see what we got ourselves into?" I scrunched up my face a little bit.

"pleaseeee"

"Alright, alright.. I'm going"

That "please" didn't make me give in. It was the fact that I'd probably regret not going later or Kaede would keep begging until I went. I guess it couldn't hurt. Until it does..