02 - Replay

Cold

Cold.. dark.. cramped.. I don't like this feeling.

I fell out of a locker.. my face bombarded with pain. It soon spread throughout my body. Good thing I caught myself. Where am I though?

I looked around and saw a glowing green bored and rows of desks. A classroom? How'd I get to school? What kinda school has barb wire on the windows?!
...

Wait a minute-

"Rise and shine, ursine!"

Huh?

"A teddy bear?.. bears?" I slowly say trying to make sense of the situation.
" No teddy bear, us! The Monokubs, them!" The blue one's words were jumbled, obviously.

"Oh geez, it's even worse now..."

"So.. monokubs?" I hesitated to ask. The pink one perked up.

"Oh! You've heard of us!?"

"What? No! I haven't seen a talkin' stuffed bear in my life.." I might have said that a bit too repulsively.

"Yayyy it worked!!" The red bear exclaimed.
"Phew had me worried there for a second"

What worked? What did they do to me? I decided to speak up after probably looking stupid while staying silent.
"What's going on? What exactly worked?"

"Alright now, let's tackle each issue one at a time" the red one spoke down to me, which is ironic because I could probably squish it with one stomp.
"Well? What's your question?"

"I wouldn't even know where to start..." I mumbled. "Isn't this a school? Why am I here?"

"Okay, so this place is called The Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles"

"Juveniles?" I know I've done some stuff.. but wasn't that bad. I've never even got caught! I fixed my demeanor before speaking again.
"I've never heard of a place like that.."

"Of course you haven't. This school was made for you 17 cretins" the pink bear said kinda rudely.

"Yeah! There are 17 ultimates at this school." The yellow bear pushed his glasses up. "You know what Ultimates are, right? The government scouts 'em through this program called the 'Ultimate Initiative'"

The rest of the bear group explained what an ultimate was. You basically have to be the very best at whatever your talent is to be scouted by the government.. and I'm one of them? An ultimate?

"Shut up! Quit your yappin' and get started already!" The blue bear had an outburst. Get started with what exactly? I need clear instructions.