𝘃𝗶 | 𝘄𝗶𝘇𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗻

Gwen helped Hermione and Ginny to their feet, taking in their surroundings

Gwen helped Hermione and Ginny to their feet, taking in their surroundings. They had arrived on what appeared to be a deserted stretch of misty moor. In front of them was a pair of tired, grumpy looking wizards, one of which was holding a large golden watch, and the other a thick roll of parchment and a quill. Both were dressed as Muggles, though inexpertly. Mr Weasley put them to shame. The man with the watch was wearing a tweed suit with thigh high workmens' boots, and the other a kilt with a poncho.

'Morning, Basil,' said Mr Weasley, picking up the boot and handing it to the kilted wizard, who threw it in a large box of used Portkeys beside him. Inside the box, Gwen could see an old newspaper, an empty pepsi can and a punctured football.

'Hello, Arthur,' said Basil wearily. 'Not on duty, eh? It's alright for some, we've been here all night... you'd better get out the way, we've got a big party from the Black Forest coming in at five fifteen. Hang on, I'll find your campsite... Weasley... Weasley...' He consulted his parchment, eyes moving almost lazily down the list. 'About a quarter of a mile's walk over there, first field you come to. Site manager's called Mr Roberts. Diggory... second field... as for Mr Payne.'

'Thanks Basil,' said Mr Weasley, and he beckoned everyone to follow him.

They set off across the deserted moor, the fog obstructing their view. It was fairly quiet, except for the odd conversation between them.

'I thought we were done with walking,' Gwen murmured, her legs aching. Beside her, Hermione was trying to keep her breath even.

After about twenty minutes, a small stone cottage swam into view beyond the mist, a gate standing next to it, and then, beyond that, the silhouettes of hundreds and hundreds of tents, rising up the slope of a large field toward a dark wood on the horizon. They parted ways with the Diggorys and approached the cottage door, where a man was standing.

At one glance at this man, this was clearly the only real Muggle they had encountered. When he heard their footsteps, he turned his gaze from the tents to look at them.

'Morning!' said Mr Weasley brightly.

'Morning!' said the Muggle.

'Would you be Mr Roberts?'

'Aye, I would,' said Mr Roberts. 'And who're you?'

'Weasley. Two tents booked a couple of days ago?'

'Aye,' said Mr Roberts, consulting a list tacked to the door. 'You've got a space up by the wood there. Just the one night?'

'That's it,' said Mr Weasley.

'You'll be paying now, then?' said Mr Roberts.

'Ah-- right-- certainly--' said Mr Weasley. He retreated a short distance from the cottage and beckoned Harry towards him.

Awkwardly, Gwen, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George waited with Mr Roberts, who was leaning as if trying to catch the conversation between Mr Weasley and Harry. Gwen was uncomfortably aware of how strange this must be to Mr Roberts.