𝘅𝘅𝘃 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲

Ron was beside himself

Ron was beside himself. As the students filed back into the entrance hall, he did nothing but hiss, 'It's Viktor Krum! Blimey, I don't believe it!'

'Honestly, Ron, he's only a Quidditch player,' Hermione said impatiently.

'Only a Quidditch player?' said Ron, sounding utterly scandalised. 'Hermione, he is the best Seeker in the world!'

The Hogwarts students came into the Great Hall after the Durmstrang students, and several people were murmuring about Viktor Krum. Gwen saw Lee Jordan jumping up and down on the soles of his feet to get a better look at Krum's head. A group of sixth year girls were frantically searching their pockets as they walked. Gwen heard one of them consult the others about whether Krum would sign her shirt in lipstick.

'Really,' said Hermione loftily as they passed the girls, who were now arguing over the lipstick. Gwen grinned at Hermione, who simply rolled her eyes back.

'I'm getting an autograph if I can,' said Ron. 'You haven't got a quill, have you?'

He was looking between Gwen and Harry, almost pleadingly.

'I left mine in my bag,' Gwen said, smiling apologetically.

They made their way to the Gryffindor table and sat down. Ron took care to sit on the side facing the doorway, because Krum and his fellow group of Durmstrang students were still gathered around it, apparently unsure about where they should sit. The students from Beauxbatons had chosen seats at the Ravenclaw table. They were looking around the Great Hall with glum expressions on their faces. Three of them were still clutching scarves and shawls around their heads.

'What's up with them?' Gwen asked Hermione, furrowing her eyebrows at the Beauxbatons students.

'It's not that cold,' Hermione said defensively, eyeing them. 'Why didn't they bring cloaks?'

'Over here!' Ron was hissing. 'Come and sit over here!'

Gwen followed his gaze; the Durmstrang students were now wandering into the Great Hall, looking around, somewhat apprehensive, and then they elected to sit at the Slytherin table.

Ron was not happy about this, especially when they spotted Malfoy leaning across the table to speak to Krum.

'Yeah, that's right Malfoy,' Ron said scathingly. 'Smarm up to him... I bet Krum can see right through him, though... bet he gets people fawning over him all the time... Where d'you reckon they're going to sleep? We could offer them a space in our dormitory, Harry... I wouldn't mind giving him my bed, I could kip on a camp bed.'

Hermione snorted. Gwen leaned across to whisper to her, 'We're not offering those Beauxbatons students our dorm.' Hermione followed Gwen's gaze. The Beauxbatons students were now turning their noses up at the golden plates and cutlery, apparently extremely unimpressed.