two

Angry, confused, sad but mostly drunk she stumbled through the streets of Madrid, glancing down on the contact on her phone. Debating her options. She didn't know if it was worth it or not.

She didn't want to go home. Home. What a funny word. Her apartment in the city had been her safe space ever since she left the place she never really felt at home at the day she turned 18. But over the last couple hours the apartment seemed to have transformed from a home to her own personal hell. Everything in that apartment was influenced by her and the two people she loved so dearly. She knew that the apartment never meant that much to her, it was the people filling it that had made it feel like home.

Angry at her own thoughts she kicked the gravel beneath her feet as hard as she could. She was angry, at them, at the world, but right now she was most angry at herself for leaving her bag behind at the party.

This stupid action had left her with two alternatives, going home or calling her only option of somewhere to stay tonight. She had never bother to make any real friendships in the city she had called home for the last years, just business contacts or aquintates. No one suitable to call at three in the morning heartbroken and drunk out of your mind anyways.

So once again her eyes found its way to the contact still flashing bright on her screen. She knew he would solve the problem, she knew he would take the next plane out of wherever he was if she'd ask him to. But that wasn't as comforting as you could think. She knew she had been unfair to him and the thought of him going out of his way any chance he got to make her life easier just broke her heart apart even more.

So she promised herself that no matter how unfairly she had been treated or how much it hurt her she wouldn't push him away anymore she would do everything she possibly could to make everything good again between them and try to make up for all the years she was absent in his life because she knew it wasn't his fault.

And with that final promise to herself she pressed the number and let the signals dial away, letting the thought that even if it was for her own selfish needs, the first step to redeeming her relationship with her brother would anyways have to be to contact him.