three

"Hello? El?" she gasped out loud at the sudden voice appearing from her phone. To deep in her own thoughts she hadn't noticed when the dialing stoped and the conversation had begun.

"S-sorry" she frowned at the state of her own voice "hi char" she could hear him shuffling on the other side of the line, she started to panic realizing what kind of idiotic and selfish plan this really was.

"What's going on El?" the confusion and worry hard to miss in his voice.

"I'm sorry Char it was stupid bothering you I should just go home" I cringed at the way the words came out slurred and the way my voice broke down at the end. Feeling stupid for have woken him up in the middle of the night.

"You never bother me El i'm really glad you called me actually, I can hear you're not okay, talk to me. please?" and there it was again, the guilt for shutting someone as amazing as my brother out of my life, for what? Jealousy?  I could feel the tears flowing down my face once again, this time I couldn't blame the ache in my heart on anybody else than myself.

"I'm sorry Char I really really am" I sobbed loudly at this point, glad about the fact it was nearly 4 am and the streets mostly empty.

"That's okay Els please just send me your address, you're in Madrid right?" I just hummed an answer to occupied trying to calm down my breathing to really understand what he had said, without thinking twice about it I simply dropped a pin of my location in our chat because truthfully I have no idea where I am after wandering mindlessly for an hour.

"Thank you, stay there and my friend is going to pick you up in 20 minutes alright?" she wanted to protest she really did but she had no fight left in her, every fiber of her body was exhausted from the wars her heart had fought this evening.

"Thank you Char" she whispered into the phone "I'm really sorry for everything you know, I do love you" she added, needing him to know that whatever her actions spoke wasn't true, she loved him and always would.