sixteen

"It's getting cold I should probably take you home now" Lando broke the silence they had been sat in for the last hours or so.

She felt tremendously better, she had cried her heart out and he had just sat there holding her tightly. Mending her soul in a way he probably wouldn't understand.

"Thank you Lando" she whispered to him, all her energy gone after the heavy crying session she just had.

"Don't thank me Ella I'm just here" he spoke, mad at himself that he couldn't provide her with any great advice or find the right words as she always did for him.

"That's all I'll ever need Lando" she softly spoke burring her head in his neck once again feeling the safety of his presence.

"Then I'll always be here" he eventually told the fragile girl in his arms trying his best to not let his heart race. Not wanting the girl to be frightened by what kind of effects she had over him.

Eventually he managed to get her in his car even though he'd rather stay up there with his arms around her for eternity. She looked broken, eyes red and face a bit swollen from crying so much but nevertheless beautiful, she would never not be beautiful in his eyes and that thought scared him a bit, he knew it was unfair of him to ever expect anything other than friendship from the girl. But he couldn't help the way his heart jumped every time she looked at him or how his breath got stolen away whenever she touched him.

"I have a present for you" he told her in an attempt to break his train of thought and maybe lighten her mood a bit.

"Why would you have a present for me?" she curiously looked at him.

"l just thought you might appreciate it" he spoke getting nervous just realizing that he might have overstepped the boundaries. He reached back to get the little box and handed it over to the girl watching the curiosity and excitement in her eyes. He just hoped it wouldn't go away once she had opened the box.

"Just open it you don't need to use it, I don't want to push you into anything you're not comfortable in I just thought that you might like the outcome if you do decide to pursue it" he quickly told her watching her confusion grow with every word but she did as told and the look on her face when she realized what was hidden inside the box made his heart double in size. Her eyes filled with tears once again but this time with a smile on her face that could compete with the stars so bright it was.

"Oh Lando this is so thoughtful" she said looking at the camera in her hand, she couldn't express how much the gesture truly had meant for her. How this boy she'd known in barely a week had gone above and beyond to make sure she would be happy and be able to follow her dreams meant more than she ever could explain.

"I don't want to overstep I just want you to know that I believe in you and that I think the world would love your videos whatever you choose to do, I really think the world would love you" her eyes searched his to find any dishonesty or any signs of it just being a mean joke but when all she could find was sincerity and kindness she could feel how he once again had managed to heal a part of her broken heart.

"That means more to me than you'll ever understand Lando. Thank you" she told him taking his hand in hers holding it tightly trying to show him with actions the things she couldn't utter in words. His words had managed to settle the insecure war in her mind that Jakes words had started on the topic and she knew the scars from the long lived battle always would hunt her but now it wasn't enough to decide for her anymore.

They drove back in a peaceful silence, both exhausted from the emotional day they've had. With matching smiles they watch the surroundings switch by with their hands entangled. She couldn't help but feel scared of how natural his hand fit in hers or how safe his presence made her feel. Confusing how a feeling of safety could make you so terrified she thought to herself but she knew that the feeling of safety was based in a way bigger feeling that started to grow deep in her heart. With all the recent events of her life she found it quite sane of her to feel a bit scared. She also knew it was way too early to develop these kinds of feelings for him and very much unfair to him. The thought that this meant and felt even close to similar to him scared her even more because no matter how much her heart might want him she knew she was in no place to give it away yet. She had to heal it before she could wrap it up and let someone else watch over it again. Because last time she didn't choose the caretaker very wisely and her poor heart needed a whole lot of healing before it was even close to be able to give what she knew that the boy beside her deserved.