ten

yea anyways when I added slowburn as a tag, i took that shit to mf heart , so like welcome to chapter fucking ten but day like three?? of the never ending story lol i'm sorry

-

The paddock was buzzing with excitement, quali was supposed to start in about 10 minutes and I found myself rushing towards the paddock club where Kika had told me too meet up with her and some of the other girlfriends to watch together.

Yesterday (look I'm trying to speed things up alright) was practice and I knew Charles had been disappointed by how the car was performing so I prayed to whatever higher power that quali would go painless for him and land him a great starting position for tomorrow.

"Hey Ella" as I was searching the tables for the familiar face of Kika, she obviously found me first waving her hand while calling out for me. As I made my way over I quickly glanced over the faces of the other girls at the table all smiling welcoming at me.

"Hi sorry I'm late I got stuck arguing with Max" I quickly apologized, grinning at the thought of the argument I'd definitely would have won if it weren't for the fact GP had to literally come and drag Max away so he wouldn't miss the start of qualifying.

"Oh so that's what he was doing" one of the girls said amused but leaving an hint of questioning in the air, and it dawned on me that she must be Kelly.

"Oh I'm sorry if I kept him away from you" I widened my eyes at the thought I'd made her wait for the dumbass. The thought she didn't know about our sibling like relationship and my intentions with the guy never crossing my mind.

"Ehm no it's fine how do you know Max?" the tension quickly filling the air at the sudden mood shift around the table and that's when the penny dropped for me and I instantly felt embarrassed for the bad first impression I had made. Great way to impress a group of girls by presenting yourself as a boyfriend stealer, truly.

"Omg sorry if you got the wrong idea, Max is like my brother we basically grew up together on the track, we argued over how he was a dumbass for not having introduced you to me yet actually" I rambled on, the last thing I wanted was for Kelly to dislike me.

"Omg you're that Ella" Kelly once again shifting moods now beaming at me like she'd known me for years.

"I guess?" I laughed feeling slightly uncomfortable in the situation, exactly what had Max told the girl about her?

"Don't worry Max have told me so much about you it's lovely to finally meet you" she explained her reaction further, probably seeing the confusion on my face.

"Oh really then I'll definitely worry" I joked back knowing that Max had a certain way with words.

"No need to, really, Max have told me all about how you have been his rock while growing up, how you've been the only one truly believing in him, you mean the world to him Ella he talks about you all the time how you're the reason he is who he is today and all that, it's just nice to finally meet someone who is so important to him" she concluded and I could feel my cheeks heating up not used to people talking about me like that.

My heart filled with happiness, Max had told me all those things as well but knowing he had told his girlfriend about me like that made it feel real, like I really mattered to someone and it was truly a nice feeling to experience after how I've been treated lately.

"Who knew Max was such a softie" one of the girls I didn't know yet exclaimed and the whole table laughed at that but I think everyone felt the same. It truly was rare for Max to show his feelings especially in a race setting so it wasn't hard to believe some of these girls never had seen this side of him. It felt special knowing she had made a difference in his life and even more special knowing he held the same place in her heart as she did in his.