five

When she said she would tag along on her brother's trip she didn't realize it would be across the world. They were right now 15 hours in to the 18 hour journey and she was going out of her mind. Carlos and Charles was both asleep and she didn't know what to do with herself, she had tried everything to keep her mind busy, sleeping, reading, listening to music playing some stupid game. But no matter what she did she couldn't stop her mind from racing right back to last night.

Seeing the images she tried so hard to burn out of her head playing on repeat, how they were tangled up between the sheets and how he so lovingly caressed her back while she whispered sweet nothings to his chest. She couldn't wrap her head around it and she certainly didn't want to either. She didn't want to know how long they had been going behind her back and she didn't plan to find out either. The intimacy she had walked in to would leave scars deeper than ever before and she knew it. Because it wasn't just a dumb stupid drunken mistake she had walked in on it was way more, it was maybe even love. And that made her mind spiral in to the why wasn't she enough? What did she do wrong? But the one that hurt the most was definitely why didn't she matter enough to either of them to be able to hurt her this way.

She had told Charles and Carlos all of this earlier on the flight and they had tried telling her that it wasn't her that was the problem. But how was it possible that she wasn't the problem when both of her worlds decided she wasn't even worth as much as the truth. It would have hurt she knows that but it wouldn't have hurt even half as much as this does.

Frustrated and tired of the whole situation she decided to drop it. That's probably the worst thing she could do and she knew it but she couldn't help it. Her tactic of dealing with things that hurt had always been to just shut it out and it had taken her absolutely nowhere, well it had absolutely taken her down to the psychiatric office for endless hours of therapy before but she didn't really feel like dwelling on that.

She would enjoy her time in Australia and she would make sure to mend the broken relation she had manage to create with her brother. This was his weekend and she would support him like he deserved.

She just had to pray to god or whatever higher power that the chain and lock she had put over her bleeding heart wouldn't snap anytime soon.