匚卄 : 6

❝ This Freedom tastes like
   ashes  ❞

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Felix's POV :-

After gathering my things, I followed Hyunjin to the car without bothering to mutter goodbye to Jisung. Despite the fact that I should have been angry at Hyunjin, not Jisung, I couldn't shake off my frustration with Jisung. After all, Hyunjin was no one in my life and Jisung was my close friend.

Usually, I'd stay at the club on Sundays, have a few drinks with everyone, and then head off to college with Jisung on Monday. But today, my safe place didn't feel safe anymore.

"Angel, are you okay?" Hyunjin's voice pierced through my thoughts, snapping me back to reality.

I forced a smile and nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine," I replied, hoping he wouldn't see through my facade.

His tone shifted, and I could sense the underlying tension. "Do I look like I believe that?" he retorted sharply as he slowed down the car.

As the words spilled from his lips, frustration and anger boiled within me.

"What do you want me to say?" I seethed, my voice rising with each word.

"Hey, I feel like shit because you decided to play with me and made me doubt the only person I was close to. Hey, I'm not okay because my best friend forgot about me when we were supposed to meet and talk. I'm not okay because I don't want to fucking face my stepdad right now," I yelled, the intensity of my emotions vibrating through every words.

I turned away, staring out the window as the citys blurred past. In that moment, I felt more alone than ever, the weight of everything pressing down on me with suffocating force.

His unexpected silence unsettled me even more. I closed my eyes, trying to hold back the tears threatening to spill over. Anger and frustration churned inside me, but beneath it all was a deep-seated fear and vulnerability. I didn't want to break down in front of him, didn't want to show him how much his actions had affected me. But as the minutes passed in tense silence, the weight of it all became too much to bear.

I never understood how getting too angry or frustrated made me cry.

"Do you want to come with me somewhere else?" He asked, his voice soft. "Just drop me at home," I whispered, my words tinged with exhaustion.

Hyunjin didn't press further, his silence a heavy presence in the car as we drove. I kept my gaze fixed on the passing scenery outside the window, lost in my own thoughts and emotions.

Finally, we arrived at my house. Without a word, I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the car door. As I stepped out onto the pavement, Hyunjin's voice stopped me.

"Hey," he called softly. I turned to look at him, unsure of what to expect.

"Angel take care, okay?" he said, his tone surprisingly gentle.

I nodded in response, not trusting myself to speak.

"Wait," Hyunjin called out before I could walk away. I turned back to face him, puzzled.

He extended his hand, holding out a sleek black card. "Here, take this," he said. "It's my phone number. If anything happens at home or if you just need someone to talk to, you can reach me anytime, okay?"

I hesitated for a moment before accepting the card, feeling a strange mix of gratitude and apprehension. "Thanks," I murmured, slipping the card into my pocket.