匚卄 : 13

❝ It's all lies,
darling ❞

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Hyunjin's POV:-

"Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you for coming," Minho addressed as everyone settled around the table. "Good afternoon, Minho. Could you tell us why we've gathered for this emergency meeting?" Our mother queried from her central seat.

Minho nodded, circling the table to place a paper in front of each person. "The paper you have in front of you bears the symbol found on the individual who shot Jisung yesterday," he explained, taking his seat.

"Does anyone recognize this symbol?" he inquired. "Hmm, TLF... That's The Lee Family, isn't it?" Bang Chan speculated. Minho affirmed with a nod.

"It appears they've understood our plan and may be coming after us to confirm their suspicions and disrupt our efforts," Minho responded. "Hyunjin, is everything proceeding according to plan so far?" Mom asked.

I nodded confidently, "Yes, everything is progressing smoothly. It won't be long before we wrap everything up," I assured.

Just like that the meeting went on for an hour before it finally came to an end.

I lounged on the living room couch, staring at Felix's empty room on my phone screen. "Hi Jinnie," Leslie, my cousin, interrupted my thoughts. "Hi Lie... I thought you left with uncle?" I asked.

"Mhm I was ready to go but then your mom and he started having some business talk. I got bored, so I decided to meet you," she explained, taking a seat on the couch opposite me. I chuckled softly, "Help yourself," I muttered.

"Where's your pretty boy?" she inquired with a smile. "You know, he wanted to kill you the first time he laid eyes on you," I replied. Leslie laughed, "Now that's interesting."

"He looked so hot when he was jealous that I didn't tell him you're my cousin and that being clingy is just your thing," I said with a smile.

"That's fucking mean," she responded.

"Anyway, are you ready to take over everything? Hyung said today that from now on, you'll be the one handling everything, blah blah," she remarked. I nodded. "Hmm, I don't think I have much of a choice," I replied.

Leslie nodded thoughtfully. "You've always been good at that. I'm sure you'll handle it like a pro," she encouraged.

"I hope so," I said, trying to sound more confident than I felt. "It's a lot to take on, but I'll figure it out."

"Just don't forget to take breaks when you need to," Leslie advised with a grin. "Also you don't have to do everything yourself. You can always call for help."

I chuckled. "I'll keep that in mind. Thanks, Lie."

She smiled warmly. "Anytime, Jinnie. We're family, after all."

Leslie and I grew up together in the midst of all this chaos. We were the same age, but where I often felt burdened by responsibility, she exuded a carefree spirit. Despite the seriousness of our family missions, Leslie always found joy in participating.

Her passion, however, was in fashion. She had a showroom of dresses because that's what she loved most.

Growing up, I didn't have many friends, and the tense atmosphere around me made it hard to open up. However, Leslie was always there by my side. Despite her sometimes silly antics, I couldn't have asked for a better sister.

"You want to ask something else, don't you?" I prompted gently. She hesitated for a moment before nodding tentatively. "I do, but I'm not sure if I should," she admitted.