匚卄 : 11

❝ I met him and
he made me wonder
why I ever thought
I didn't deserve the world. ❞

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Felix's POV:-

"I don't understand," I murmured, rolling over on the bed toward Seungmin, who sat nearby reading. He set his book down on the nightstand and looked at me expectantly. "Tell me everything so I can try to understand," he encouraged.

"You already know everything, bitch," I replied, and he chuckled softly. "So, it's about Hyunjin?" he guessed. I nodded in response. "He's been really sweet and caring. It's been a week since he started coming over to my place, and he still asks about my mom and everything. Every time he drops me off, he checks in on how my day went or suggests grabbing ice cream," I explained.

Seungmin furrowed his brows slightly. "Then what's the issue?" he asked.

"It's Jisung. He keeps warning me to stay away from Hyunjin as much as possible and says he's not trustworthy," I confessed.

"But I don't see it that way. Hyunjin has been nothing but kind to me, and he genuinely seems to care."

Seungmin leaned back, crossing his arms as he contemplated my words. "Do you trust Hyunjin?" he asked finally.

"I... I think so," I replied hesitantly. "I mean, he's been there for me, and he's never given me a reason not to trust him."

Seungmin nodded thoughtfully. "I would still suggest not ignoring Ji's words. He's part of Hyunjin's family, so he probably knows what goes on beneath the surface," he advised.

"But what if it's like how Lee know is his fiancée and he's really toxic. Maybe that's why he wants me to stay away from Hyunjin, being his brother and all," I speculated.

"You know you're trying to defend him," Seungmin spoke with a knowing smile, and I felt a pang of guilt. "I don't want to stay away from him, but at the same time, I don't want him to hurt me," I confessed.

"He's part of the mafia, and I've grown up in this world. If he's too kind to you, that's still suspicious. If he treated you poorly, at least we'd know he was being genuine," Seungmin reasoned.

Seungmin was the only son of the Kim family, one of the top three in the mafia world. His father, wanting to protect his son, ensured Seungmin lived in his own apartment as soon as he came of age. Despite living separately, Seungmin made plans for his father, who viewed him as a brilliant strategist. Few knew of the Kim family's true power, and even fewer knew Seungmin's last name was Kim, or that his parents were alive and well.

"No one knows exactly why his mother sent him here all of a sudden, so even I'm suspicious of him right now, considering his past how his mother controlled his every action," Seungmin mused, his gaze fixed on the ceiling. "But I'm not part of the mafia world, so for once, think about my situation as normal," I sighed.

"At this point, Lix, you're just ignoring all the potential red flags," he replied.

"Or maybe the two people closest to me are being overly cautious and unfairly judging him," I retorted as I stood up.

"Or maybe we just care about you and want to protect you from any potential heartbreak," he answered sincerely.

"I trust him," I stated firmly as I picked up my bag.

Seungmin shook his head. "I don't," he replied bluntly.

I sighed, feeling conflicted. "Well, I have to go now. He'll be here in five minutes as I need to go to the club," I said, heading towards the door.