•S I X T Y - F I V E•

JOSEPHINE's POV
"This sucks." I groaned, looking up at the ceiling.

"I know Rory." My dad spoke, running a hand over my head.

"I feel bad." I spoke, quietly. "You have to take care of me and mom."

"No no." My dad whispered. "Just relax ok?"

"Where's Matt?" I asked, looking over at my dad.

"He's on his way." My dad answered. "He's going to take you home."

"Are you sure you're ok?" I asked, my head feeling light.

"Rory, you're what I'm worried about right now." My dad sighed.

"Sorry." I whispered.

"No need to be sorry Rory." He spoke. "I just want you to be ok."

"I will be." I answered him, just as Matt and the doctor walked into my room.

"Hey Josie." Matt smiled.

"How was the game?" I asked, looking over to him.

"It was good." Matt nodded. "I didn't play great."

"I'm sorry." I said, looking down.

"Don't be." He smiled. "The tests needed to be done."

"Yeah." I said, turning to look at the doctor who was talking to my dad.

"Well Josephine." The doctor started. "Since we have the results in, we're seeing evidence of stress induced seizures, as well as chronic epilepsy. The best thing you can do is limit the stressors in your life and manage it as best you can."

I sat looking forward, nodding along. I'm going to have to quit my dream job.

"Well I think we have a few things to think about." Matt said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah." I said, swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

"Well, if you need anything you know where to find us." The doctor said, sending me a soft smile.

"Thank you." I nodded, taking Matt's hand as he pulled me to stand.

"All right, I'm going to pick up your mom from treatment, you guys get out of here and get some sleep." My dad said, placing a kiss against the top of my head.

"Thanks Pappa." I smiled, taking Matt's hand in mine. I held Matt's hand all the way to his car, watching while he opened the door for me then helped me in and closed the door once I was settled. He slowly walked around the front of the car, his hands in his pockets and eyes towards the ground. He paused before opening his door, silently climbing into the drivers seat.

"Josie." He said, turning to me and grabbing my hand.

"Matt please." I sighed, feeling the tears pooling, threatening to fall.

"Josie really." Matt said, squeezing my hand. "I know you don't want to talk about it, and I know it's hard for you to even think about."

"Matt I don't want to quit my job." I said, looking him in the eyes.

"I know you don't." Matt whispered, his eyes searching mine.

"I need to provide for myself, at least until we're married." I spoke.

"Remember when I asked you to let me worry?" He asked me, his thumb brushing the back of my hand. "This hospital has become too familiar to me. I want to do everything in my power to keep you out of here. You don't deserve to be here, ever."

"Matt its so hard." I cried, leaning closer to him.

"I know baby." Matt sighed. "I don't want to see you lose your dreams. Especially like this."