Chapter 15: Offer

Sunoo's POV

My eyes widened in astonishment as I examined Heeseung's arm, still bearing the ominous mark from the previous night. I felt a rush of relief mixed with disbelief. "Do you feel anything?" I asked, my voice tinged with hope.

Heeseung shook his head. "Just some stinging, but the pain from last night, it's gone," he explained, his tone filled with wonder.

My mind raced with possibilities. "How could this happen? I mean, I'm grateful, but you could be... the cure," I said, my voice trailing off.

Heeseung pulled me inside and shut the door behind us, his expression tense with concern. "I think this might have to do with my blood type," he began, his words measured. My curiosity piqued, I asked, "What's your blood type?"

"You may not believe this, but my blood... it's type P," Heeseung confessed. My brow furrowed in confusion. "Type P? Is there a blood type like that?" I questioned.

Heeseung nodded solemnly. "Yeah, one doctor I consulted found out about this, and since then, my parents haven't let me take any more blood tests, they said type P blood is extremely rare." he explained, his voice tinged with regret.

I contemplated Heeseung's words, my mind racing with the weight of the situation. "If that's the case..." I began, meeting Heeseung's gaze.

Heeseung averted my eyes, his hand tracing over his infected arm. "I'll give my blood, but not my life," he stated firmly.

I nodded in agreement, determination flickering in my eyes. "I won't either. Do you want to hide that for now?" I suggested. Heeseung nodded, and we descended the stairs together. I fetched a gauze and assisted in wrapping Heeseung's entire arm.

Heeseung voiced his concern, "How about you go alone to talk with the people who may be in the smoke? They may hurt you when they see me-"

But I interrupted, "We'll make an excuse. You broke an arm. From now on, your left arm is broken, okay?"

Heeseung chuckled and smirked, "Okay." I took a handkerchief and proceeded to wrap and tie Heeseung's left arm to make it seem like it was broken.

As we pressed on with our journey, we came across the lifeless phantom we had killed the previous night. Moving forward, we encountered a barrier constructed from metal sheets.

Taking a step ahead, I noticed that Heeseung hadn't followed. Turning back, I found him staring down at his arms, lost in contemplation. I reached out, intertwining our fingers, and offered a reassuring smile, silently conveying my support.

Walking hand in hand, Heeseung and I approached the imposing metal sheet wall. I knocked on the makeshift gate, and a wary eye peered through a crack before the barrier swung open to reveal a man with a cigarette dangling from his lips. "What are you kids doing outside, huh?" he gruffly inquired.

"We were heading for the evacuation site at Myeongdong, but we crashed on the way here," I explained earnestly. "We're wondering if you could please help us..."

The man looked at us feet to head and clicked his tongue disapprovingly before grumbling, "Come in."

Heeseung and I stepped through the gate, only to be met with a sea of skeptical eyes and hushed murmurs. It was evident that we were the subject of some unwelcome attention, with whispers already circulating among the crowd.

As the man led us to an empty room, my heart pounded in my chest, sensing the tension in the air. Suddenly, he produced a gun and aimed it at us, his demeanor calm but his intent unmistakable. I instinctively raised my hands in surrender, while Heeseung moved protectively in front of me.