Epilogue

Gabriel was feeling so peaceful, the warmth of the woman beside him brought a sense of tranquility to his heart. Since the day he met her, Gabriel knew that he wouldn't be able to stop seeing her. Her sole presence is enough to fill his mind and heart with love and joy.

Gabriel would've never imagined being able to love someone like this again. Yet he simply can't imagine his life without her now. Nathalie is the woman he loves, and the person he wants to grow old with. Having her by his side is what completes him, and being with her is what he yearns for.

———

Gabriel allows the tips of his fingers to gently brush the outlines of her face. He looks at her move a little, but her eyes stay closed.

He lets her be, after all she's been extremely tired lately, she deserves to rest a little longer.

Gabriel only continues watching her, letting his eyes wander every part of her. He notices how her left hand carefully rests on her abdomen, and how the diamond ring on her finger shines with all its glory.

The ring is truly beautiful and whenever he gets the chance Gabriel likes to admire it along with everything about her. He knows what's most important is that she accepted to spend the rest of her life with him, and that's all he needs to be happy.

———

Nathalie wakes up to find Gabriel wide awake beside her. She notices how he's looking at her, and a sudden shyness falls to the pit of her stomach.

"You're awake." He says, as soon as their eyes meet.
"Is it late?" She asks.
"Only a little but it's okay, you were tired."
Nathalie only gives him a small smile as she sits up to mimic his position on the mattress.

———

"How are you feeling?" He asks, she hasn't been feeling well, but she's also refused to visit a doctor so he just hopes her symptoms have improved.

"I'm feeling better..."
Nathalie looks at his eyes, and each time she does she can feel her heart swell with love for him. Gabriel has brought nothing but happiness to her, and after so many years of darkness she can finally feel the freedom she so deeply wished for.

She takes a hold of his face, making their foreheads touch. She lets her lips brush his nose then his lips, she can feel the warmth of his body and that's enough to make her feel so very loved.

"I love you." She finally tells him.
"I love you more." He says.

Nathalie shakes her head, and grabs his hands to then rest them on her belly.
"Nope, I love you more because I've got more love in me..."
"You've got more love in you?" He asks with a puzzled expression.
"Mm-hmm."
He looks confused and his expression only makes her giggle.
"I've got an angel growing in my belly which means there's more love coming from me."

Gabriel's eyes widened with surprise and shock. Nathalie hasn't been feeling well, but he would've never thought that a baby was what was causing her symptoms.
"You're pregnant." He asks in disbelief.
"Yes, I am..." she says with a smile.
"When did you find out?"
"I found out last night, but you were sleeping already, and I didn't want to wake you up..."
"Oh Nathalie..." Gabriel wraps his arms around her in a tight hug, feeling happiness and joy fill up his heart.
"I love you and I'm so happy to be living this with you."
"Me too." She whispers.

Tears leave their eyes because it's sometimes hard to believe that they were actually able to find each other in this universe.