𝙈𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝘼 𝙒𝙞𝙨𝙝.

The loud beeps never fails to annoy her. Never forgetting the feeling of the breathing machine strapped around her head, always getting tangled in her thick curly hair. Despite all the treatment and therapy she has to go through her body and face stayed the same. Her cheeks puffy and full because she always ate well. Never letting her depression and anxiety get to her stomach. Making a promise to herself and her family that she wasn't going to let this illness kill her.

Lung cancer. When all those times she'd sit around and think about where she'll be on her 18 birthday she never thought of a hospital. Than her 19. Then 20. And now... 21.

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear tana. Happy birthday to you." The loud off key singing causes her to smile, her eyes in crescents as she looks at her family. Never a dull moment with them ever since she's been there. Her older brother reached his dream and became an RN. Ever since their parents find out she was sick he pushed himself to success. Graduating med school at 24.

Her loud giggles are heard around the room as everyone takes icing and put it on her face besides her best friend who puts it on the cupids bow of her lips. "Happy birthday Montana." Her best friend, Yoongi says with a sad smile before carefully hugging her.

"Alright alright. Everyone gather around for pictures." Her mom yells at the group causing all of them to huddle around Montana. "You motherfuckers better not suffocate my baby." She playfully glares before snapping the picture. A soft smile on her face as she stares at her one and only daughter. Her eyes still sparkling but you can't help but to feel the sadness when u look at her. Knowing all the girl wants was to actually celebrate her birthday like everyone else. But she isn't everyone else.

"I have one last gift." Her dad smiles as he pulls out a bag. On top was an album by her favorite artist, RM. Letting out a loud squeak she holds it to her heart, been wanting the album since it came out. "Oh my god!? Thank you dad. Thank you so so much." She smiles happily giving her dad a big hug. "That's not all." He pushes the bag towards her again, pointing inside. "Look deeper." Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion she pulls out all gift paper before pulling out a singular white peace of printer paper.

"You got the tickets! Rm- Seoul SK." Her eyes widen as she looks between her parents, then her best friend and brother who's got the biggest smile on their face. "No you did not!" She smiles happily before jumping on her dad to give him a hug, then her mom. "We know how much u love his music and how much it's helped you so... we did this." Everyone looks at her with hope in their eyes. "I love it."

505 words