Chapter 36

Next day

The train to Kyoto chugged steadily along, the soft clatter of wheels on rails providing a rhythmic background to the lively conversation inside the compartment. Naruto looked out the window, briefly thinking about their mission. 

"Kyoto, huh? What's the plan, Rias?" Naruto asked, turning his attention to the red-haired beauty seated nearby.

Rias smiled, glancing around at the assembled group. "Our primary goal is to research the supernatural activities in Kyoto. The city is home to the Yokai faction, which we need to understand better."

"Yokai faction?" Isseiechoed, leaning forward. "What's so special about them?"

Rias nodded. "The Yokai are a diverse group of supernatural beings, often regarded as spirits or demons in Japanese folklore. They have their hierarchy and territories. The leader of the Yokai in Kyoto is Yasaka, a Nine-Tailed Fox."

Akeno said, "Yokai possesses unique abilities and powers, which can be both intriguing and dangerous."

"That's right," Rias continued. "It's crucial for us to establish a good relationship with them. They can be powerful allies or formidable foes."

Velzard, who had been quietly listening, decided to add more detail. "The Yokai faction is not just about their powers. Their culture is deeply rooted in ancient traditions and mysticism. Yasaka, as their leader, is known for her wisdom and strength. She maintains the balance among different Yokai clans and ensures peace within their community."

Koneko, usually quiet, spoke up."Understanding their customs will help us navigate our interactions with them. Respect is critical."

Naruto grinned. "Sounds like we've got our work cut out for us. But I'm ready for the challenge."

Artoria nodded in agreement. "As long as we stick together and approach them respectfully, we should be able to accomplish our mission."

Sipping her drink, Moka added that it would be interesting to see how their powers differ from ours. There's so much we can learn."

Sitting next to Akame, Asuna asked, What abilities do the Yokai have? Are they similar to our own?"

Velzard elaborated, "Yokai's abilities vary widely. Some can manipulate elements, others can shape-shift, and some have unique spiritual powers. Yasaka, for example, has incredible control over fox fire and can enchant objects."

Kiba leaned back in his seat, thoughtful. "I've read about Yokai having the ability to possess and influence humans. We'll need to be cautious."

Xenovia nodded. "And we should prepare offerings or gestures of goodwill. It's important to show them we come in peace."

Asia, always considerate, added, Maybe we could bring some gifts from Kuoh. Something that shows respect for their traditions."

Ravel, adjusting her glasses, smiled."That's a great idea, Asia. It would help set a positive tone for our meeting."

Kiyomi, Naomi, and Mina joined the conversation, brainstorming ideas for suitable gifts, while Koneko and Kibad discussed possible strategies for their interactions. The excitement and anticipation in the compartment grew as they neared Kyoto, each group member contributing to their preparation for the mission ahead.

Irina, looking thoughtful, asked, Rias, do you think we'll have any trouble with other supernatural factions while we're there?"

Rias considered this. "It's possible. Kyoto is a hotspot for various supernatural activities, not just the Yokai. We'll need to stay alert and be ready for anything."